• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 What do -4F & a1968 gtcs have in common?

mbsf1970

They came together Wednesday as I drove my newly acquired GTCS home from the Montana border to home in Calgary.

There was no heat in the car so aside from being out of the wind, I sat in -4F weather for 3 1/2 hours as I drove car north. Aside from very cold fingers and light frostbite in heels and toes, all went well and she drove like a champion at 70 mph. At one point I was trying to sing to the music to keep focused but it distracted me enough that I ended up at 85 mph temporarily!!

Anyway, the car is home in a garage for winter. Looking forward to spring already!

Stephen

stangfan

You drove it home? I hope the roads were clean and dry. Calgary is pretty bad for having salty roads this time of year.

stangfan

I'll admit to being a little paranoid when it comes to salt. The roads in Victoria are very salty right now. I'll wait for a couple of days of rain to wash them down before my Mustangs go for a run. :grin:

I'm mostly concerned for the undercarriage. Salt gets into the nooks and crannies, and it's very hard to get out.

franklinair

Stephen;
Glad you & the CS are safely home. -4F ? I bet the engine temp indication hardly moved! Fix those vacuum lines I told you about- that may fix the non existant heat. ALL those heater-A/C control valves are vacuum operated.
I don't recall if the heater water hoses had an after market shutoff valve installed. Some folks do that. Also, that control valve on the right side of the firewall may be at fault, not opening to allow hot water into the heater core. (That's the one I told you is not factory correct.) Here's what its supposed to be.

Neil

Attachments

• MEGAFILE 030.jpg
    MEGAFILE 030.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
M

mbsf1970

I'm hoping for a stretch of better/warm weather to melt existing snow and dry roads. If we get this, I can drive to mechanic's and wash car as well as put it on hoist to wash underide and let it dry. Until then, she stays in garage.
One thing is for sure, the battery is now Fully charged!

Stephen
P.s. limelyt: have a gtcs in town?

stangfan

Sounds like a plan. I'm going to get into the fender wells on my car hopefully next year and clean them up, then shoot some Fluid Film on them. As the name suggests, it leaves a film of solvent/oil on the surfaces to protect them. I also plan to wipe down the underside of the car as it has a lot of oily dirt on it.

Northern Pony

Congrats Steve on getting the car you wanted home, will look for it this summer on Wednesdays at the weekly show.
About the ride; gotta do what you gotta do.
BoB

limelyt

I'm hoping for a stretch of better/warm weather to melt existing snow and dry roads. If we get this, I can drive to mechanic's and wash car as well as put it on hoist to wash underide and let it dry. Until then, she stays in garage.
One thing is for sure, the battery is now Fully charged!

Stephen
P.s. limelyt: have a gtcs in town?

Yes we do, a Legend Lime GT/CS

Attachments

• sept-16-07 015a.jpg
    sept-16-07 015a.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 22