• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

where have all the mustangs gone?

karolscali

funny i have been to a few shows this summer, in western canada, and on holidays in eastern states. and it seems to be the same trend. there is alot of gm nova, firebirds and chevelles. i have not seen any gt/cs, a couple of shelbys a few mach 1s even the coupes are scarce. i know there is a few registered in alberta canada.but i have yet to see another one. sometimes at a cruise in, mine will be called a dressed up mustang, i guess the fords must be in resto mode

Northern Pony

I have to say where are you travelling? In Calgary we had our largest turn out ever at our annual S.S. both old and new GT/CS, Shelby's etc.
Our weekly Wednesday night turn out has the gammet of cars, many new and old Mustangs.
I am sure many on this site don't want to read about the goings on in the North, so send me a PM as I am seeing many new and old GT/CS.
BoB

Mustanglvr

I am sure many on this site don't want to read about the goings on in the North, so send me a PM as I am seeing many new and old GT/CS.
BoB

I find it all very interesting to hear about what`s going on all over the world concerning our GT/CS`s and Mustangs in general. Please post all your concerns and gathering info here.

hotrodgrany

I think there is one other 08 GT/CS's in my area, and only one 68 GT/CS's in my area,I saw at the car show in Kingsley, Ia. All I could do that night while I was sitting behind it, and drooling over it, oh My God is this for real. But I will never forget seeing Rhonda's, that was so awesome, words can't describe. They are out there, I know.

Attachments

• 2008-Kingsley car show 002-2.JPG
    2008-Kingsley car show 002-2.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 27

vman

To answer your question. They are slowly making there way south.In Australia we have a large number of early model mustangs.Our car shows usually have more early model mustangs than any other make.Although us aussies have a great love for all American muscle cars. Our home grown muscle cars have become unafordable with collectors paying crazy prices for g.t falcons and other cars that you probably have never heard of( Some gt falcons have sold for as much as $ 800,000. More than what most shelby's are worth.).
In my town of a population of 30,000 people we have probably got up to a dozen or more early model mustangs. As far as the gt/cs go's ,we currently have about 3 cars that I know of that are for sale in Australia. It seems the average price for a average to nice c/s c code here is between 29-35k au. That would ammount to arround 27-33k U.S.
People are making good money on purchasing cars from the U.S and selling them here for a good profit. For example , a c/s purchased in the States for about 12k, then add shipping of about 3k and add 10% g.s.t .Then sell the car for about 30k.au.
So basicly this is what I am seeing and have been following over the past few years. Hope this answered your question in part.

Northern Pony

Ok Karolscali, not sure where you live in Alta, but there is an International Mustang meet on the labor day week end in Saskatoon Sask ( Fri 29th kegger, Sat 30th S.S., Sun 31st cruise and awards banquet ) I estimate you will see no less that six 1968 GT/CS, maybe as many as nine. So if interested, contact the Saskatoon Mustang Club and register. Altogether I estimate 250 cars, I figure it will be a poor year as not as many are travelling long disdtances with the high price of gas.
Believe me, everyone at the show knows what a 68 GT/CS is, you will not be called a "dressed up Mustang"
BoB

OP
OP
K

karolscali

hey northern pony i am in the edmonton region, actually there is a huge car show in st albert all week called (rockin in august) there is a street dance, parade,driving skills competiton. it is all for diabetes. last year there was over 400 cars involved, anything and everything, i have heard of this show in sask from lymlit in the spring it looks like one to attend, maybe i am suffering from gt/cs withdrawl, when i do not see other gt/cs

Northern Pony

Hmmm! and I thought the only good thing in Edm was the Edmonton Oilers, now I know another good one and they have a GT/CS.

You can be in Saskatoon in six hours and two tanks of gas, sure would be nice to see you there. Lymlit and the other two cars from the Feb calender are there for sure, and likely Bill Norman from Washington.
BoB