• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Who has Green Hornet Questions??

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Thanks, CJ for the info.

It's from the Mustang's cousin Fords and Mercs that we find out even more.

I believe that ASC was working under A.O. Smith at the time. the sunroof was inspired by a demo that Galpin Ford made on a T-Bird.

Anyway-- Who here has some influence with the 428 CJ Registry? I need to know who type of cars were those two "test mules" for the 428CJ engines. I think that Ford handed that project to Fred Goodell, too, since he was orginally from the Old Guard Ford Flathead days in the 1950's.

Maybe I can do some horse tradin' of info with the CJ registry, and maybe get a partial VIN off the GH's 428 block for them.

thanks!!

Paul.

TLEA

The IRS may have been a test bed for the Shelbys OR the big cars. Not sure which. The IRS "dissappeared" from the GH before it was put out for sale at the Employee's lot at Ford. It was either destroyed, or it's sitting somewhere, buried in "the land of misfit Ford engineering parts".
Or in someone's garage :lipsseal:
IRS.jpg

coralsnake

I have a engineering blueprint for the 68 fuel injection system. Does that interest you Paul? Watch out for that TLEA he is evil. :)