• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS windshield Carlite

390gtmustang

needing to replace windshield and auto glass doctor trying to get me to go for Vitro brand instead of Carlite. They said Vitro is OEM , is that true? I know Carlite is OEM. I had them order me Carlite instead. what do you guys think?

somethingspecial

I have never seen anything but Carlite glass as OEM and have never heard of any other manufacturer used in 1968. Sounds like your glass man is trying to just sell you what they have in stock. JMHO.

Ruppstang

needing to replace windshield and auto glass doctor trying to get me to go for Vitro brand instead of Carlite. They said Vitro is OEM , is that true? I know Carlite is OEM. I had them order me Carlite instead. what do you guys think?

Carlite was a Ford Co. and of corse their only supplyer. There is a company in Wisconsin called PS Auto Glass. they have Carlite and can even date code them to your car. Good luck Marty