• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Word for the wise

hcsstang

:'( Just purchased a Ford battery and got every thing ready for the road.New voltage regulator and every thing else is new . After the maiden voyage popped the hood the next day and low and behold . The regulator over charged and you can imagine what it did to the hood. Even if it's new check it out. Sat I'm going to see the place where I purchased the regulator and see what they will do. I won' t mention any names at the present time. :-[ :'(

OP
OP
H

hcsstang

I'm finished with CJ Pony Parts in Harrisburg. They will not and I mean not stand behind the voltage regulator. It did a number in motor compartment. let alone the underside of the hood has to be repainted. Starter solenoids,battery cables.

OP
OP
H

hcsstang

:'(I only drove it about 12 miles and the voltage regular over charged and the battery acid boiled over. and it wasn't over filled either. I talked to the body man and he said that I was lucky that it didn't explode. I hope that it didn't hurt the battery.