• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Worth Waiting for - even 12 weeks

gt bandit

Hi Gang ,

I was going to wait until this Bad Boy arrived down under - but what the hey , here is a snap shot of my new purchase.

Some of you may remember that Black 68CS from Ebay back in December , I know Don does because he was concerned about Authenticity and from the ebay photos had every right to be
well Now its on its way - way down under to Perth Western Australia.

For the Purists - its an original J code / check the Marti. But now it Stokes the fire with a TRUE (measured ) 428 backed by a reliable C6.

Original White just didn't cut it with the Former Owner, so they swapped to Black which again is in perfect condition.
The Red Interior is fantastic and really sets the car off.

The pin striping is faint and silver leafed , No not original again - but looks great. The grille emblem has to Stay , because even some Mustang enthusiasts in OZ wont recognize a special or its special bits.
So how is your average Aussie Joe going to know.

It wasn't cheap $20K USD (not Aussie pesos), its not 100% original
But if it had wings it would fly and its all mine.

I will post the Gallery , once i get some more photos of the car touring our great city hear in Perth.

I always wanted a 302 Boss , Till I stumbled accross this site and learned about the history of the special so thanks a lot.

It will rest next to my Ford Territory and the wifes Alfa 156 selespeed. It will remain protected by our AKITA and some sophisticated anti thief protection we have. Yes even the Lucky country has Light fingered types , check our history - Orginal UK convict camp enough said.

Thanks again to the site and I look forward to a long association with a great bunch.

:cool:

Attachments

• CSGT0008v3.jpg
    CSGT0008v3.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture 019V2.jpg
    Picture 019V2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 65
  • Picture 022V2.jpg
    Picture 022V2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 52

case12

I really wanted that one, but I hesitated. I should have bid on it. :cry: I think you got a great deal and this is the best restomod style GT/CS I have seen! The 428 makes it way awesome.:cool: I can't wait to see pictures of it there, and with those cool license frames you ordered...:cheesy: I am envious - and very happy for you. :thumb:Casey

rvrtrash

Congrats on the purchase and the way prices are going, I think a year from now you'll think that was the best deal you ever made.
Steve

Ausi_CS

Well done GT Bandit. Welcome to the ever growing "crowd" of Aussie GT/CS owners. Car looks great in black. I like the contrasting argent tail light strip - which is usually body colour in GT/CS's - nice touch and very Shelbyesque. 428ci - bugger!, I want one!

Hopefully you'll make the trip east for one of the National Easter Concourses in the future.

FYI I recently replaced the previously missing Lucas lights and also removed the horse and corral from the grille in a desire for authenticity.

Cheers,

Michael, Adelaide

68gt390

Yes, I remember it well. Like was mentioned earlier you'll find out in the future that you got a hell of deal at $20,000 USD. Especially with the 428 sitting in her and verified as a true GT/CS you can't beat that. You'll have to let me know how it feels to drive that 428 with it's put your butt in the seat feel. I'm still switching mine over as we speak. I'm sure once I've got mine switched over it will have just a little more punch than my 390. It's good to see it went to a good home. :grin:

I have finally decided to dress mine the same as the 390 and create a sleeper. Besides, since mine is a true "S" code most folks won't know the difference unless they look for the casting #'s on the heads. I'll be switching all my stuff over from the 390 - intake, air cleaner, accessory brackets and the original fan and clutch.

Don

390cs68rcode

68gt390 said:
Yes, I remember it well. Like was mentioned earlier you'll find out in the future that you got a hell of deal at $20,000 USD. Especially with the 428 sitting in her and verified as a true GT/CS you can't beat that. You'll have to let me know how it feels to drive that 428 with it's put your butt in the seat feel. I'm still switching mine over as we speak. I'm sure once I've got mine switched over it will have just a little more punch than my 390. It's good to see it went to a good home. :grin:

I have finally decided to dress mine the same as the 390 and create a sleeper. Besides, since mine is a true "S" code most folks won't know the difference unless they look for the casting #'s on the heads. I'll be switching all my stuff over from the 390 - intake, air cleaner, accessory brackets and the original fan and clutch.

Don

what date code did you find for your intake? is it a 68 or 69 model?

case12

68gt390 said:

Don

I dont know Don - I think you should let everybody know about the 428. You've got the original 390, so originality is not the issue. You will have a heck of a car with a 428 and the original 390 sitting at home. Just me - but I would show off the 428 after going to all the trouble. It increases the "drool factor". Casey

390cs68rcode

case12 said:
I dont know Don - I think you should let everybody know about the 428. You've got the original 390, so originality is not the issue. You will have a heck of a car with a 428 and the original 390 sitting at home. Just me - but I would show off the 428 after going to all the trouble. It increases the "drool factor". Casey

slap a 428 engine decal on the air cleaner and call it a day.

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

Thanks Mike - Will definitely be looking to show the car in 2006-7, so expect some east coast visits.

Just joined the local MOCA , their Roundup is next month - but its unlikely it will be here by then. shipping just is backed up to the hilt at the moment everywhere.

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

68gt390 said:

Don
Don without your help and prodding to Verify - i could have got burnt. So thanks a Bunch mate.

I have owned a 429 resto Aussie XBGT prior to the mustang, so anything less than a BB was going to have to be Blown. I did really consider grabbing Jason's ex Maroon car and throwing a Paxton on it , but timing of my visit to
the US was just a month off.

I Have never owned a 428 FE style engine , but the Quick Burst i did down the freeway in Austin secured the deal. Engine has a few internal Mods, But it has the stock manifolds.

shaun

joedls

gt bandit said:
Don without your help and prodding to Verify - i could have got burnt. So thanks a Bunch mate.

I have owned a 429 resto Aussie XBGT prior to the mustang, so anything less than a BB was going to have to be Blown. I did really consider grabbing Jason's ex Maroon car and throwing a Paxton on it , but timing of my visit to

I Have never owned a 428 FE style engine , but the Quick Burst i did down the freeway in Austin secured the deal. Engine has a few internal Mods, But it has the stock manifolds.

shaun

It's a blast, ain't it?:icon_ecst :icon_ecst

68gt390

gt bandit said:

shaun

Shaun;
Your more than welcome. I'll be adding a few tweeks to mine as well. Heads will be ported and polished, a .30 overbore with a pretty healthy cam. That should give it plenty of punch. I'm pulling the current rear end gears and popping in a set of 3:50 gears with a posi. Now if I can just keep her hooked up I'll be happy as a lark.

Jason; I'll be using the same intake I had on my 390 - Edelbrock Aluminum Performer 390.

Casey; I had thought of putting a 428 Cobra Jet sticker on the air cleaner but, it just doesn't look right. Besides, I know it's a 428 and if I ever sell it I'll have all the paper work and receipts to prove it. I may change my mind just have to see how it all's unfolds.

Don :grin:

Mustanger

Cool car!!! I love to see a black CS, it's one of my favorite colors ... and with that 428, you may have to change your name to MAD MAX!!!