• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Your GT/CS "Plans"??

rvrtrash

Like many of us have said before, it's your car, do what you want and enjoy it, just don't do anything permanent and save the original stuff in case you change your mind later. As for the color red, I agree. I don't care for red either, due to an unfortunate 2 year association with a TR-6. However, it is and was a popular color. 4 of mine either have red inside or outside and I have to just deal with it, mainly by enjoying the "thumbs up" while I drive. "Arrest Me Red" is an attention getter.
Steve

jk89cat

blue is my favorite and once i getthings completed i'll have 3 blue cars and one white . i am unsure of what blue the mustang will be but my galaxie is going to be 2004 sonic blue. my cougar is that 1995 code km moonlight blue . and my f150 is white . i am thinking for the mustang either sonic blue with pearl white stripes with using torque thrust d's with the centers painted the same pearl as the stripes . justin

Canuck CSter

Link to pic of Little Red

quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1588;start=15#msg9655 date=1113876070]
[quote author=jk89cat link=board=1;threadid=1588;start=0#msg9632 date=1113799161]
my 67 clone is going to undergo a 302 ho efi conversion . restomod . but i want to keep the overall gt/cs look to the car. since i decoded the vin last week, its nothing special just a 289, c4 , p/s base coupe . but the shell is in quite good shape and want to make it into something , hence my plan for it . justin
[/quote]

You could always build a "Little Red". Somewhere around here is a URL for that car...

Paul N.

Canuck CSter

Mosesatm

[quote author=Canuck CSter link=board=1;threadid=1588;start=15#msg9676 date=1113962966]
Sorry forgot to add link..

I believe we will see alot of personal versions of the old as well as the cars, in are near future.

I'm in favor of this practice ever since I seen a CS convertable here in Canada in the early 90's, 4 sp 390 what a car, coulda lleft of the shelby ten spokes tho...For the chromed argents of coarse...

http://www.autothing.com/funthings/Auto News/2004 Auto News/January/ATnews-JAN-04-008.htmI
[/quote]

That link didn't work for me. try this one.
http://www.autothing.com/funthings/Auto News/2004 Auto News/January/ATnews-JAN-04-008.htm

Here is another one about the same car. If all else fails just Google "Little Red Shelby"

http://www.volocars.com/news1.html

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

If you don't like red, you can use any color.

"House of Color" (Kolor?) makes cool street rod paint.

What? ya don't like ten -spokes? It's a Shelby required item!!

8)

Mosesatm

Where are you guys seeing the ten spokes? Aren't those magnums I see or did I mix my medications again?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Well, yeah, that '67 has Magnums on it, but it should have ten-spokes. Fred Goodell worked on that car. For the most part--Magnums (Ford) didn't show up until '69.

The Little Red coupe had ten -spokes, and Goodyear speedway tires.

Paul N.

Canuck CSter

Love the 10 spokes rims on the shelbys...

I was refering to the convertable CS, I seen with Shelbys rims....

You know us canucks and our beer.

Just my thought but the 67-68 shelby converts may be the baddest cars I've ever seen....

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1588;start=15#msg9691 date=1114038760]
If you don't like red, you can use any color.

"House of Color" (Kolor?) makes cool street rod paint.

What? ya don't like ten -spokes? It's a Shelby required item!!

8)
[/quote]

Mustanglvr

Um, I don`t want to sound stupid but, whats a Canuck? Is it a town? ;D

rvrtrash

I can't believe I'm doing this again, but I'm calling out the GT/CS guru on the question of the rims on the Shelby Conv. Those aren't Magnum 500's on that car, they're Kelsey-Hayes Magstars, which were the correct Shelby wheel for '67. Oh man, I can feel the bad ju-ju coming my way already. :eek:
Steve

hookedtrout

[quote author=n.id.steve link=board=1;threadid=1588;start=30#msg9719 date=1114072049]
I can't believe I'm doing this again, but I'm calling out the GT/CS guru on the question of the rims on the Shelby Conv. Those aren't Magnum 500's on that car, they're Kelsey-Hayes Magstars, which were the correct Shelby wheel for '67. Oh man, I can feel the bad ju-ju coming my way already. :eek:
Steve
[/quote]

Am I going to be safe in the same boat with you come June? ;)

Hook

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

TOO LATE!

Bad Ju-Ju's coming to Idaho...you guys!!... The winds of distain from the GT/CS GURU are blowing your way, fellas...

Are you blind? Look at this photo. "Obviously" they are Magnums!...I mean, do you think someone would deliberately "photoshop" over these wheels to make them look like '67-Shelby-correct Kelsey Hayes wheels?

Geesch! Some people... <shaking head> ::)

Paul N!!!

Attachments

• magnuumm.jpg
    magnuumm.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 11

hookedtrout

Looks like they bought the wrong size as well. But I guess that's the way of the future generation. What would you guess...size 32 wheels? :eek:

Hook

rvrtrash

How could I have been so stoopid? I should probably have my eyes and head examined. Sorry Paul, I should have looked closer. It's real obvious in the last picture. Hook, I think you'd be safer swimming through Lochsa Falls with the river at 10' then riding in the same raft as me. Now if I could just make this itch go away. ;D
Steve

hookedtrout

That's all right Steve I'll take my chances. The funnest trip I've had through Lochsa Falls has been upside down in the raft anyway. :eek:

Hook

rvrtrash

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=1588;start=30#msg9745 date=1114129403]
That's all right Steve I'll take my chances. The funnest trip I've had through Lochsa Falls has been upside down in the raft anyway. :eek:

Hook
[/quote]
Well, it seems we have a candidate for the King of the Boat Challenge. ;)
Steve