• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Your GT/CS: Primary Driver? Show Car?

zozobra

Mine is absolutley a daily driver. It is a non-posi car so there are some exciting times in the snow. Normally it does not snow much or often in Albuquerque, but this year has been the wildest I have seen.

I ought to add my odometer is at 46k which the previous owner said when I bought it last year was original mileage. Don't know if that is true or not.
I do know he owned it for about 15 years and rebuilt the engine for some reason.

miller511

Paul,

Mine's a #2 (...feel like I'm ordering lunch at a Chinese restaurant!!!)

And, I hate to admit it, but it has been mostly a "grocery getter". The commute to work in it would be far too nerve wracking on a daily basis.

Less than 2000 miles per year. Odometer showed 98,000 when I bought it in February of 2004. The odometer probably rolled over (at least) one time. Now it's at (2?)3800 miles on the odometer.

-Jeff

Sarge

Paul,

Mine is a 2. Odometer reads 47000 so am assuming it is 147,000. I have owned it for about 5 years and have put about 7k miles on it in that time.

Robert

Stacey Enderle

show car for me

I was wondering how owners use their GT/CS.

1. Daily Driver and/or Primary transportation?

2. "Once-in-a-while take it out for a drive"

3. Show Car - (any class).

4. "other", i.e. drag car, vintage racer, street machine, etc...

Please give your total mileage on your GT/CS (if not known, a best estimate).

Thanks,

Paul N.

By the time I inherited my CS from my folks, the odometer has turned over twice and half ways there towards the third. My "Little Red" for me be my show car and hopefully pass down to my kids. My two daughters are already eyeing on it. Two of them and one "Little Red", better flip a coin.

Stacey

Diesel Donna

I'm a 2 and a 3. Original current mileage is 202,444. She'll be 39 years old on March 13th. I better get the wax out.....
I bought the car in 1974 with 64,000 miles on it.

somethingspecial

Paul, Mine is a #3, then it will become a #2. Odometer reads 82,289. Of Course, it has been Zero timed. Mike

hotrodgrany

As you know I just got mine in September of 06 and has 3,000 +, but mine is my primary car and will sometimes take to car shows just to let people know what kind of Mustang this is.

John McGilvary

Paul, when I first got my CS it was a (1). If I wasn't at work or sleeping I was driving. From late 1969 to 1973 my CS was in stoage, my Dad started it and drove it about once a week, while I was in the service. In 1973 the price of gas made it too expensive to drive my CS so it became a (2) and I bought a VW to drive to work. It has been a (2) ever since. John

scott adams

mostly #2 weekend driver. #3 to local shows. #4 have been to the track A few times. about 155,000 miles. 13,000 since restored in 01