• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.
Perkchiro

Perk's 68 Candyapple Red J Code GT/CS

[B][COLOR=#008080]ENGINE:[/COLOR][/B] 302 J code
[B][COLOR=#008080]TRANS:[/COLOR][/B] C-4 automatic
[B][COLOR=#008080]COLOR:[/COLOR][/B] Originally Lime Gold, Now Candy apple Red
[B][COLOR=#008080]DSO:[/COLOR][/B] 75 Phoenix
[B][COLOR=#008080]LOCATION:[/COLOR][/B] Nixa, Missouri
[B][COLOR=#008080]OPTIONS:[/COLOR][/B] PS,Selectaire, Interior Decor Group,Tinted Glass. Produced on April 3, 1968
[B][COLOR=#008080]COMMENTS:[/COLOR][/B] I found this car on the internet, for sale by a broker in NY. I bought it and had it shipped by truck to Tulsa, OK and I trailered it back to Missouri. I began the restoration in 2002. I totally dismantled the car, media blasted it and reassembled it, replacing or refurbishing every nut, bolt and part. I rebuilt the engine and I had the transmission rebuilt. I performed all the work myself except for the paint, bodywork, headliner and upholstery and transmission rebuild. I had the machine work on the engine performed at O'Reilly's in Springfield, MO. I just finished the car in November, 2006. I'm having alot of fun driving it and attending cruise in's. I won a second place in the All Ford Show 67-68 class last year in Springfield, Missouri
Steve;
Car looks great. Every time I see photo's of other folks cars in primer it reminds me of the shape my CS was in at one time. We're suppose to be up in the 50's by the end of this week. I just might get some road time maybe.

Don

Good to see car Perk. It looks great!!! Can't wait to see it in person sometime. I love the candy apple red!!

Steve,

The car looks great. I really like the way the engine turned out!!

Can you let me know what you used as a finish on the exhaust manifolds?

Thanks, Jeff

John, Don, Paul and Jeff: Thanks so much for the nice compliments. It's good to have friends on this site, and the help I recieved from many of you made my restoration much easier! I appreciate it!!!!!!

Steve

Steve,

What a beautiful example of a GT/CS!!! You've done a wonderful job with the restoration. You should be proud.

Thanks for the kind compliments Joe. You've got a jewel in that car of yours and should be very proud. I don't want to get in a race with you however, I'd be sure to lose!!!

Album information

Album owner
Perkchiro
Date created
Item count
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Album privacy

Perkchiro

Can view media items