• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 12k-Mile 1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289

speedy02

I know this car is not a GT/CS but is one of the nicest original cars you will find.

Owned by Marcus Anghel of AnghelRestorations.com

The car featured here is an original unrestored 12,000-mile 1968 Mustang that I consider one of the best examples of a first-generation Mustang I have ever seen over the years. As the auction description mentions there is only two changes to the car over the last 56 years with the addition of the vinyl top and the C stripe, which possibly was done by the selling dealer in 1968. Otherwise, you have all the original assembly line belts, hoses, interior, undercarriage, period correct tires, etc. etc. that is essentially in almost unused condition today. The photos and videos cover a lot of these details.

When I had the opportunity to buy this car years ago, I jumped at the chance and since then have spent a lot of time documenting all of the features for future reference. When you take into account the engine compartment, underside, interior, and other parts of the car it looks as new and pristine as when it was first sold in Palo Alto California in June of 1968. Being built in San Jose CA this dealership was less than 20 miles from the factory so even the delivery of the car was with minimal travel. There certainly have been a handful of other Mustangs with lower miles found over the years, but not surviving in this condition.

I have created an extensive album of photos many of which will be featured here on this auction. I have also put together a full set of videos in which I cover all the areas of the car to dig deep into the details and aspects of originality and the processes that Ford was doing during these years. I hope these will serve as a good source of information and education in the future as I made them with the intention to keep online and be accessible for future YouTube viewers.

The car itself is fully functional – starts, runs, and drives exactly as it should. As much as the car has low miles, a lot of care has been taken to keep it fully operational and functional. One of the easiest cars I have owned to start up and everything on the car is in working order including the AC. I will be providing more videos and photos as the auction progresses and looking forward to answering any questions and doing my part as the seller here and keeping this auction interesting!
1968_ford_mustang_A-IMG_8406-65292-scaled.jpeg

1968_ford_mustang_C-IMG_0061-65560-scaled.jpeg

1968_ford_mustang_E-IMG_0201-65787-scaled.jpeg

1968_ford_mustang_B-Interior-1-65545-scaled.jpeg

Attachments

• 2024-05-20 14_56_33-12k-Mile 1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289 for sale on BaT Auctions - ending May...jpg
    2024-05-20 14_56_33-12k-Mile 1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289 for sale on BaT Auctions - ending May...jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 19

whodat

Great Reference photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosesatm

Is this just bad lighting or is the red oxide primer showing through the paint?

Attachments

• 1968_ford_mustang_Trunk-underside-56539.jpg
    1968_ford_mustang_Trunk-underside-56539.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 18

Mosesatm

Marty,
Have you noticed anything interesting or unexpected?

Ruppstang

I have know of this car for years. People of those times were much more tolerant of poor workmanship. Today's cars and restorations are so much better.