• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2005 GT/CS

68sunlitgold

Looks cool, I have some quesiton about how the front lightsf are configured and I would love to see the tail lights. The bottom line, it would be great to see a re-birth of the GT/CS.
Doug

I don't really like the new mustang. Its not a true fastback, it just looks like a glorified coupe with a stupid nose. I think a GT/CS would be a cool idea. But i think that more than just the GT/CS stripe should be incorperated. Especially the rear spoilered bootlid and endcaps, and maybe some cool square fog lights up front.

OP
OP

66 Dearborn HCS

It's just a photoshop rendition by a guy who probably doesn't know the HCS-GT/CS's very well. Did you check out the other pics he's mocked up? Pretty good job I'd say. go to http://www.stangpro.com/ and click on wallpapers on the middle left side. It will take you to a page with about 10 different wallpapers done by the same guy. All look like pretty time consuming mockups of what the next gen Mustang could look like with different bodykits. There's one that looks like a '69 Mach 1 with the cobrajet hood and rear window slats. Looks pretty good.

hookedtrout

That is pretty sweet looking. You have to give Ford credit on doing a little retro, at least the new Mustang has some Mustang style. Has anyone seen the new GTO? What a pathetic excuse GM is for an auto manufacturer. I think they should have called it the "Grand GTO" Looks just like every other Pontiac Grand AM, Grand Prix blah blah. It is pathetic to bring back a muscle car like the GTO and make it look like every other car you have on the assembly line. At least Ford made the Mustang and the Tbird with some class and style.

Cory

rjw

Cory,
I agree with you. I happen to like the concept Mustang; I think it has a perfect blend of the retro look with a more updated skin. I must admit that the concept GT/CS referred to above looks a little gaudy to me. However, the concept of an updated GT/CS is very appealing.
Richard

The 2005 Mustang is the first one I've liked since the '69s. The big '71-73 cars were Bunky(formerly GM) Knudsen's creation, and the Mustang II was a good idea for it's time, but I never got into it--and the perpetual Fox chassis Mustang didn't work for me, either.

Funny how the retro folks used the '67-'68 Design ques, as well as the Shelby--CS inspired wide taillights and pseudo spoiler. It's like we've all been vindicated for having an old '68!!

Although that rendering is interesting, it looks like it's from the "Fast and Furious" School of Design. (ugh!).

We'll see if Ford finds a place for another CS, and maybe HCS. I'd be happy to consult on such a plan with Ford. It has potential. I think Dearborn still thinks that California wouldn't deserve it's own Mustang.....so, we'll see.

The later 2006 Shelby Mustangs will be interesting, too. I guess that would blow off those Saleen cars, too!! I'll take the Shelby anyday.

My two bits.

Paul.

OP
OP

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=PMNewitt link=board=1;threadid=701;start=0#msg3769 date=1069793669]
Although that rendering is interesting, it looks like it's from the "Fast and Furious" School of Design. (ugh!).

The later 2006 Shelby Mustangs will be interesting, too. I guess that would blow off those Saleen cars, too!! I'll take the Shelby anyday.
[/quote]

Yes the front airdam looks kinda "ricey" but did you check out the other renderings? Some of them are not ricey at all. The Gold mach 1 he did is very good.

I'm not treal interested in the "new" Shelby's. He's whored his name to anybody willing to give him enough dollars, so I really don't have much respect for the Shelby name anymore. Not after the Shelby GT500E and the new Shelby GT350RS and the Shelby that's not even built here in the U.S. and he's giving Shelby ID's to these clones. What a buncha bull. He's watering down the REAL stuff that they stopped making in 1969. Even though he wasn't really involved after '67 and the beancounters took over.

One thing that is a positive is the "rumor", that Ford actually started, that a V-10 was going to be placed in the engine bay of the 2006 as an option. Maybe Shelby? Maybe Cobra? Who knows, but it will defintely be awfully damned expensive. Probably priced above the new Corvette, but lower than a Viper. So I wonder if there gonna push the 400HP mark with the new modular 5.0 and then have a 500+ HP V-10??? Still, I don't think Shelby coming back is anything but a huge publicity stunt on Ford's part and Shelby's way of cashing in on who he USED to be. Like he's really involved with the creation of ANYTHING these days.

Yeah, you're right.

I went to Shelby's place in Vegas to see the Series One's being made. I think that the Shelby brand has been exploited, and I have to agree with your points.

I just guess that some of us still wish for those pre-'68 days in Venice and LAX when they made them by hand.

Just like the Saleens, they are jobbed out at many shops, and are not built made like you'd think.

It's all image and flash for marketing.

Paul.

OP
OP

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=PMNewitt link=board=1;threadid=701;start=0#msg3780 date=1069807454]
Yeah, you're right.

I went to Shelby's place in Vegas to see the Series One's being made. [/quote]

Another beautiful car! I remember seeing the one driven in the remake of "Rollerball". Silver with Red Stripes. again-beautiful!! I wonder if the price will drop on them since the GT500E's and the SR's and the new Shelby Stang in '06. I'd be interested. Although I have my eye on the Cobra Daytona based Spyder that Factory Five is making. Awesome car also. Well, I'd like a '70 Sportsroof too, but then the Daytona replica they (Factory Five) make is great too. I'd love to have a 68 HCS too. Geez. So many cars/ so little money to spend on them. :D :p