• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS 66 High Country Special

J_Speegle

While at a yard yesterday (taking pictures and finding a few hidden jems) I ran across a 66 San Jose built coupe that appears to have been a special order paint car (though it was repainted a dark blue at one point - over the original color). Since the door tag and fenders were missing I can't confirm if it was a HCS but thought it might be.

Does anyone know if this happens to look like Timberline Green? Or it may just be another (not related to the HCS's) special order paint car

6R07C173009xowl.jpg

6R07C173009intshot.jpg

6R07C173009colorshot.jpg

6R07C173009paintsample.jpg

rvrtrash

Don't the yards keep a record of the VIN of the cars they have? Maybe the'd tell you the VIN and you could get the $7.00 Marti.

Steve

admin

Staff member
Administrator
No Marti Report available since it's a 66. Marti's (Ford's) records don't start until 1967.

And without a Marti report the VIN won't tell you if it's an HCS. You'd need the door tag to reflect the special order paint. (ie. 6 digit DSO)

OP
OP
J

J_Speegle

No Marti Report available since it's a 66. Marti's (Ford's) records don't start until 1967.

And without a Marti report the VIN won't tell you if it's an HCS. You'd need the door tag to reflect the special order paint. (ie. 6 digit DSO)

I'm certain it is/was a special paint car. But of course the tag would not tell us the color (and neither could the Marti) but the order number (from the top left hand corner of the form. But if it was a High Country Special the DSO would match some of the others (since I understand they were all ordered only a couple of order groups)

Unfortunately the door was gone as were the front fenders (so could not look for the emblem holes)

Bottom line is - another one is gone