• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 68 gt/cs

NosAvrenim

Black v Blue Striping

From the pics, it does look like a decent car.

That said, one question (and I'm not trying to pick the car apart by any means), would blue side and trunk lid striping have been standard rather than black striping given the blue interior? I believe that blue was an option, but I haven't seen examples of it used on restorations other than in the "How to Identify" section of this site. Anyone have thoughts?

Cheers,
Nate

OP
OP
G

gt/csj4

I thought that stripe colors for GT cars, Cals, HCS, Shelby's, etc, were to be the color of the interior color? ie; black car, with red interior gets a red stripe, so on s forth, and that rag tops, got stripe colors based on the rag top color? I heard this years ago but was never sure.

I know you can opt to get any color stripe you wanted,or rather what was available as a color, but as standard color it matched interior color.... Any truth to this notion?

Last edited:

quicknick

I thought that stripe colors for GT cars, Cals, HCS, Shelby's, etc, were to be the color of the interior color? ie; black car, with red interior gets a red stripe, so on s forth, and that rag tops, got stripe colors based on the rag top color? I heard this years ago but was never sure.

I know you can opt to get any color stripe you wanted,or rather what was available as a color, but as standard color it matched interior color.... Any truth to this notion?
Not true. My "C" code Cali has a black interior with white stripes.