• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

C/S Grill parts

Does anyone know were to find some Lucas light posts and the trim piece that the lights bolt onto. Thanks....

StraightSix

I believe that Tony Branda (www.cobranda.com) stocks them, but they're pretty expensive. Unfortunately, I hate their website interface and can never find what I want on there. Otherwise I would tell you for sure. If memory serves, they were about $100 -- unpainted I think. The trim piece that you refer to (what the pedestals bolt to) is a standard '68 Mustang part, with the interior part painted the GT/CS Dark Grey Metallic.

Funny you should bring this up now -- I was just thinking about this very topic this weekend. My car is missing the pedestals, too, and I know that I can make them for less money than Branda sells them for. I have Paul's books, so I can get the correct paint and I can make them to the correct specs. I am planning on doing this for myself. If all goes well, I would offer this service to my fellow GT/CSers at a very fair price ;D.

I'm going to set up a poll in the Classifieds section to see what kind of interest there is for this.

-Winston

Talan423

the only place that i know of that sells these pedestals is Tony Branda. they sell them as a kit which includes machined pedestals, threaded bolts and washers alo 8)ng with instructions. the part # is LFL7. the cost is $98.95. they will have to be painted dark grey metallic, the same color as your grille. www.cobranda.com or 1-800-458-3477.
as for the moldings, these are pretty common. but you will have to drill your own hole for the pedestals. also paint the top flat part of the molding also the same grey color. tony branda also sells these moldings (original ford)or i'm sure you can find them on ebay or reproduction from mustangs unlimited or national parts depot.
as for drilling your own holes, the specs. are listed with a diagram in paul newitt's 1996 book (pg.119). i do not have a scanner, perhaps somebody else on this sight can scan you a copy of it. if not, e-mail me and i can get you a photo-copy of it in the mail.
good luck!

tom

68sunlitgold

Just a heads up that I have a friend that wanted the pedestals from Branda and they where out of them as of 2 weeks ago, they said they reordered/making them and should be in shortly (they could be in already). Just wanted everyone to know just in case they where looking at needing them ASAP.
Doug

rjw

I had left my name and number with Branda last year when I was looking. Branda has called me in the last 10 days to say they were in...but I had already procured mine. I had found brand new "black backs" (not technically correct but from the front are very,very close) but they did not fit the threads of the receiving bolts of the "chrome" kit. I had to have the receiving bolts fabricated, although I utilized the spacer tubes in the kit that I acquired. So if you get the "black backs" note that the thread may be different than the chrome ones. Drilling the holes was a little unnerving but it all went well. If you choose to drill the base moulding without removing, you will almost certainly have to remove the grille. It looks sharp and you have to really look hard to see that the backs are the "black back" instead of the chrome. As mine is a driver, it suits me at the present time. If anyone else acquires the "black backs" I might can connect you with someone to fabricate the receiving bolts to match the threads.