• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Deluxe interior question

franklinair

Are the rear seat quarter trim panels supposed to be padded/covered in Deluxe interiors?
I've see them both ways, padded or just painted.

Neil

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I have a pair that I acquired several years ago. Just deciding whether to use them or not.

Neil

68 special

Oh, good to know. What are they padded with? Is it an upholstery material similar to the seats.

Bret

Mosesatm

No, those are some sort of aftermarket product.
Marty knows more than I when it comes to such things but I think the only real difference between the standard and deluxe panels is at the top corner. The deluxe panels have a little indentation for a cap that is used to secure the vinyl. Without the cap the vinyl can look a little ratty when it pulls loose.

Attachments

• Interior Quarter.jpg
    Interior Quarter.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 28
  • aDSCN0094.jpg
    aDSCN0094.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Ruppstang

No, those are some sort of aftermarket product.
Marty knows more than I when it comes to such things but I think the only real difference between the standard and deluxe panels is at the top corner. The deluxe panels have a little indentation for a cap that is used to secure the vinyl. Without the cap the vinyl can look a little ratty when it pulls loose.

+1
The originals are like the first photo, note how the vinyl is lifting out of the center of the arc. It is difficult to pull it tight over the metal with out pulling up the center. Most of the aftermarket covers add a seam in the center to help with the lifting. One tip when looking to buy these is on the top rear the cover lips over package tray. That is a 68 if it goes under it is 67. We see them mix up on the show field all the time.
Marty