• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Door panel clips

retroman99

ready to put the interior door panels on and I noticed that the package of AMK clips only has a limited number of clips that have the vibration pad on them is there a preferred location for the ones with the foam pad? I think the bag had 18 with foam 14 without

dalorzo_f

+1 on along the bottom for the foam ones.

Always thought it was odd vibration was an issue on the lowers, but not the upper... basically the same connection....

Ruppstang

I do not think it was for vibration but to seal for water intrusion.
Marty

dalorzo_f

Ok, may be for a water seal. But still not sure why it would not be applicable to the uppers too?

No telling what the engineers were thinking for some of the odd things you see on these cars...

BigJim

Ok, may be for a water seal. But still not sure why it would not be applicable to the uppers too?

No telling what the engineers were thinking for some of the odd things you see on these cars...
One engineer designed one and another engineer the other. Each thought their idea was the best and would not accept the other's idea. So two different solutions to the same problem.