• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Dropping in from time to time.

mmarsalone

Hey guys,

I come by and lurk and drop in from time to time since last August when my CS went from this:

Exterior_3Large.jpg

To this:

Driversside.jpg

I thought I might update you all on what replaced it. I ordered this in October and it arrived the Friday before Thanksgiving. It only has about 625 miles on it because I don't have the time to drive it anymore I did the CS.

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

I'll continue to stop by and try to contribute when I can
Mike

mbsf1970

I mean, if that's all you could find to replace it I suppose it will do!

I think I remember reading about your car back then...t-boned at an intersection?

Nice ride! Nice to see the wheels, any thoughts on hunting down another gt/cs?

Stephen

OP
OP
mmarsalone

mmarsalone

I mean, if that's all you could find to replace it I suppose it will do!

I think I remember reading about your car back then...t-boned at an intersection?

Nice ride! Nice to see the wheels, any thoughts on hunting down another gt/cs?

Stephen

Yes, I might buy another one at some point. It would have to be the correct car and I sometimes look at the ones for sale. Mine was an AC car, I've got to have that down south. And my car had all of it's original sheet metal and fiberglass. The fenders and quarters were date coded correct.

It's just the thought of having to hunt down original parts in case of another wreck if the car is not total loss, would just seem daunting.

sam

Too bad...that car looks repairable to me. The new Shelby Cobra is awesome, but I can't get used to the black wheels that are coming out. Aluminum silver anodized wheels all the way for me.......but then again I'm from the older generation.
Good luck.
Sam

OP
OP
mmarsalone

mmarsalone

Too bad...that car looks repairable to me. The new Shelby Cobra is awesome, but I can't get used to the black wheels that are coming out. Aluminum silver anodized wheels all the way for me.......but then again I'm from the older generation.
Good luck.
Sam

Me too. I wish there were optional wheels available, but there aren't. These are the ones that come with the Performance Package. At some point I would like to get an extra set chromed to install.

whodat

One day we were riding west on W. Esplanade and I showed my wife that corner where the accident happened.

OP
OP
mmarsalone

mmarsalone

One day we were riding west on W. Esplanade and I showed my wife that corner where the accident happened.

Yep, you got it. You know they say most accidents happen within a mile of your home, I was a half block away. I live only 10 houses down the street off of West Esplanade. You have a keen eye. If you're ever around in your CS (or not) send me a message.

whodat

Yep, you got it. You know they say most accidents happen within a mile of your home, I was a half block away. I live only 10 houses down the street off of West Esplanade. You have a keen eye. If you're ever around in your CS (or not) send me a message.

Sure will. We are moving back to the area once we sell here.

whodat

We drove around the neighborhood today looking for a house to buy. I saw a thunderbird in someone's garage and a few other old cars and sports cars on your street.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mmarsalone

mmarsalone

Yes, the Thunderbird has been sitting for quite some time. Although over the last few days it looks like someone has been trying to get it running. PM me the next time you're in the area.

Mike

whodat

I'm going to look at that piece of property on Tartan next week. Maybe I can talk my wife into building a house and me a garage.