• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Email Notifications

stangfan

For some reason, I am no longer getting emails when new posts are put up. I checked my preferences and the appropriate boxes are ticked off.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
You mean an email notification every time a new thread is made in a certain forum? Or an email when people reply to threads you're a part of?

OP
OP
stangfan

stangfan

Pretty sure I used to receive emails when a new post was made. Maybe I am incorrect on that. I did get an email about your reply, so maybe I am just confused.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
To do that you'll need to "watch" each forum you want to get notification from. And the default is to give you "alerts" when you're on the forum. If you want email you'll need to check that box.

I just set you up to "watch" the main "GT/CS and HCS Forum" with email notifications. So see if you start getting those emails over the next day or so. If that's too much email you can always "unwatch". Let me know if you need me to do that.

Below are the steps you would use to "watch" a forum or sub-forum. Go into the forum you want to watch first, then follow these steps in order:

1716859184659.png

admin

Staff member
Administrator
It could be some things changed when the new forum software went live, although that's been more than a year now.

By default you will get emails when any thread you have been part of gets a reply. But you won't get emails about other forum activity unless you specifically ask for it.

I think you went into your settings and checked all the boxes to get email notifications, but you still need to specifically tell the forum what type of content you want notifications of. (hence the "watch" instructions above)