• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS for sale

darb

Perhaps you shouldn't invest the time, money, nor effort to do that "frame-off" restoration. Heck, if the 20,000 offers are BS (because my bid placement contracts mean ABSOLUTELY nothing...hmm nobody thought I would actually make people sign contracts) - then why waste your time and money?

Some people believe a car is worth what one is willing to pay for it.

Others believe its worth what NADA or Blue Book says its work. Well...if NADA says your car is worth 16,746 and you put 20,000 into it...don't try and woo someone to buy it because YOU spent the extra cash.

Hopefully restoration of these vehicles is done for the love of them, the awe of their uniqueness, and the fun of it. If its all about the money, we'll turn collecting into the stock market - and the stock market isn't fun!

Everyone should stop degrading the value of these vehicles, if people want to pay 20,000 for a 289 - well let them! It just makes EVERYONE'S vehicle go up in value.

As Paul said, if we get these cars known - they will become an in demand vehicle. And for those of you who follow economics, its all about supply and demand. Without enough supply for the demand, the price will shoot higher and higher. Wouldn't we all like that?

Perhaps everyone should just up the value of their cars - if every GT/CS 289 is selling for 20,000 - then, that's the best price and eventually it will sell. It's like going to a store and shopping around for the best price...its unknown to you that the t-shirt you purchases cost .24 cents to produce, but the 9.95 price tag is the same across the country - thus...it's the best buy.

Well...I think we should stop degrading what other people are getting for their vehicles. Let it be - - rather than fight, whine, and cry about the value going up - praise it!

We all have it somewhere in us that these cars are an investment as well...wouldn't you like your investment to go up?

Brad

BrandonB

[quote author=Goldie link=board=3;threadid=972;start=0#msg5431 date=1087752642]
My brothers GT/CS for SALE
The specs are as follows: His email is Fredswartz@hotmail.com wants 17,000 U.S. :-X
I will try to attach a photo .
He has changed the color from yellow to Raven Black
it is an orginal 289 car. He has done the following:
Carroll Shelby Valve Covers, Shelby 10 spoke wheels.
dual exhausts with chrome quad tips, stainless wheel trim, stainless door sill plates, rechromed the bumpers, new Carlite windshield. new carpets, seats, Shelby wood steering wheel,CS shelby valve covers, cs shelby floor mats, new black vinyl top. New brakes, traction bars,steering upgrades, new dash, al weatherstrips new. The interior is back to the original ravel black color.
[/quote]

Anyways, back on track since page 2 went a different way. This is the original topic.