• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Inglese Weber 2x DCOE four-barrel replacement system

tomcwarren

robert campbell

Tom,
I have the Inglese 48 IDA system on our 1967 Fastback. Never seen one of these. I would assume you are looking for visual impact? My gut says it would not do a bunch for power and driveability. The real impact of the Weber system is a short runner to the valve. Going through a normal 4 barrel intake would defeat that. imo.

If I was going to spend $1300.00.... I would add a couple hundred....

http://www.retrotekspeed.com/product.php?pk=52

More power, better mileage, and better drivability. Learns as you drive. No need for a return line fuel pump system. Hot Rod tested one and picked up 3 to 4 MPG's from a mild 351 Windsor!

Rob

CougarCJ

Tom,
I have the Inglese 48 IDA system on our 1967 Fastback. Never seen one of these. I would assume you are looking for visual impact? My gut says it would not do a bunch for power and driveability. The real impact of the Weber system is a short runner to the valve. Going through a normal 4 barrel intake would defeat that. imo.

If I was going to spend $1300.00.... I would add a couple hundred....

http://www.retrotekspeed.com/product.php?pk=52

More power, better mileage, and better drivability. Learns as you drive. No need for a return line fuel pump system. Hot Rod tested one and picked up 3 to 4 MPG's from a mild 351 Windsor!

Rob

Dang, I bought the whole car for what the cheapest carburetor costs.

OP
OP
T

tomcwarren

Rob,

Yeah, I've seen that EFI system before - looks great, pretty simple install (for EFI), and, as you say, good performance. I'd love to do it, too, but adding up the costs puts me over $2K (full kit, fuel return line, venting tank, etc.).

But what I was looking for was any pictures of the 2x DCOE install in a Mustang, and/or performance anecdotes & info - how easy was it to tune, did it idle well, pull thru the powerband OK, gas mileage, etc.

It's a far easier install than the PowerJection III EFI system - no return line plumbing, extra sensors, wires, etc. And I think it looks bitchin' :wink:

But, now that you brought it up .. has anyone done the PowerJection/RetroTek install? Love it? Hate it?

Tom

OP
OP
T

tomcwarren

They used the PWM (pulse-width modulated) 'returnless' fuel pump/modulator in that article. That's since been discontinued (as per their 2009 catalog), so I don't see any other option for returnless EFI w/the PowerJection III. Not that a return line is difficult, just an extra expense/extra work.

Tom

robert campbell

Tom,
I had not seen that. Thanks for the information. I have one of the powerjection III's on a "long range" wish list.

Rob