• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Interior Parts Dimensions

Mosesatm

Will someone please measure the diameter of their standard steering wheel, to the outside of the wheel, and also measure the thickness of the wheel at the thickest point (the top of a finger notch), and post those dimensions?

Also, what is the center-to-center dimension of the headrest posts? Are they roughly 9" apart?

Thanks

stangfan

I could get you the steering wheel dimensions tomorrow. Right now it's blowing up a storm out there, and I really don't want to go outside to the garage. :scared:

dalorzo_f

Checked two originals, did not measure the restored ones as I know the guy does a lot of filling/sanding.

Diameter was 402-406mm for both. 15.866 - 15.984 in. So about 15 7/8".

For the finger bumps the thickness on one was 0.958" - 0.973" (a lot of cracking and very worn. The other was 0.994"-1.005".

I don't have headrests, the 68's are incredibly hard to find. But I did just strip a set of seats last night and the scallops in the back frame for the posts center-to-center are right about 230mm (9.05").

HTH

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I was searching the web a couple weeks ago and ran across some Torino headrests. I purchased them without even knowing if they would fit a Mustang. At $20 for only the cushions and posts I wasn't too worried about losing my investment!

Ruppstang

They are the same as a Mustang but the mount that bolts to the seat is different. If you had the mounts I know some one that needs them.
Marty

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Marty,

I can send you the Craigslist link if you want to contact the seller to see if he has the Torino hardware. He is just down the street from you in Kenesaw.

Last edited: