• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Teacher Of The Year

marie68csmustangs

Hi all,

My Automotive teacher was just named Teacher Of The Year - By One of the Local TV stations here. I'm very proud of him and He very much deserved it. And He's one of my favorite teachers. My question to you. Who was your favorite teacher in school? Or did any of your teachers win any awards for being an outstanding teacher?

Marie

p51

marie68csmustangs said:
My question to you. Who was your favorite teacher in school? Or did any of your teachers win any awards for being an outstanding teacher?

Marie
My math teacher (taught both 10th and 12th grade). Very smart guy. Ex Marine. Loved teaching.... and made damn sure you learned. Was voted outstanding teacher about every other year by his students. Finally left teaching because of the low pay... got a job as an engineer paying much more. (Its really too bad how poorly *good* teachers are paid considering what they do). Really lucky to have had him as a teacher. Interestingly, I had two teachers that were ex marines... both were really good... definitely no discipline problems in their classes... :icon_pani :wink:

still looking for one

marie68csmustangs said:
Hi all,

My Automotive teacher was just named Teacher Of The Year - By One of the Local TV stations here. I'm very proud of him and He very much deserved it. And He's one of my favorite teachers. My question to you. Who was your favorite teacher in school? Or did any of your teachers win any awards for being an outstanding teacher?

Marie
Hope he inspired you to towards a successful career in Auto Mechanics, that would be his best validation and make him happy

Jim B
Grass Valley, W. Nevada County CA

OP
OP
marie68csmustangs

marie68csmustangs

Yeah, He did inspire Me very much so to a career in Auto Mechanics. It too bad that they are shutting down the Auto Shop program at McClatchy HS in Sacramento.. That's where they held the class for ROP program there.. But, He'll be teaching at another high school here in Sacramento.. I just spent the last couple of weeks of school packing stuff up to transfer to the other school.. The reason why they shut the program down is: They have a new admin there - and they think that all of the kids are going to a four year college.. So, there is really no reason to teach a trade to students anymore.. I guess it's just the change in thinking on the part of the schools now.. It won't be long til all schools shut down their Auto shop programs. For all you in the Sacramento area - The awards ceremony will be on at Saturday at 7:30 On Ch 10 - Of course you might be at the car show in Grass Valley!

Marie

Attachments

• IM000811.JPG
    IM000811.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 14