• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Anyone ever seen one of these?

nfrntau

While cleaning my garage out I had to move my motor.
Comments such as What's that? and It isn't stock were heard along with the statement let me get my camera.

So here it is, what is it?

Attachments

• P2061014.jpg
    P2061014.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 147
  • P2061016.jpg
    P2061016.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 148

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'm assuming you're asking about the flux capacitor in the photo?:wink:

Sorry. Have no idea. Looks like something from the Home Depot aisles.

J_Speegle

Yes seen a few of them - have seen allot more of the blue plastic ones that are shaped kind of the same. It's one of a number of retrofit aftermarket emission devices from the late 70-early 80's if I remember the time period correctly

Believe the hose that is disconnected is attached to the front of the air cleaner to recirculate the crankcase vapors on a closed system

di81977

Looks like one of the early paxton two barrel carb superchargers.:smile:

robert campbell

Leave it to Jeff!! That is one I haver never seen. Certainly an emision control device....

I vote for the flux capacitor!!!!

Rob

rvrtrash

It's an early version of a cataclysmic averter. :wink: That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Steve

Scott

If you think that's weird (it is)... weirdest thing I've ever seen on a car was an Energy Polarizer. Looked into bidding on a car with one fitted a few months ago but the bids went too high for mine.

General Motors actually fitted energy polarizers to a few cars sold with Peter Brock's signature (legendary Aussie touring car champion) down here in Australia. It aligned the molecules in the car thereby reducing everything you'd like reduced, increasing everything that's better bigger and gave driver and passengers a sense of wellbeing. Yes, all that with a straight face.

What is the weirdest thing you've seen on a car?

asahlstein

Weird stuff

I have seen this before about 1977, I also wondered... I believe it to be a prinitive egr setup, notice the tap into the intake where the exhaust crossover gallery wound be.
Thanks Art
Old but still useful somedays... Ha Ha