• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Has anyone ever spotted a 1968 GT/CS for sale at Carlisle?

classicsguy

I was wondering if anybody has ever seen a GT/CS or HCS at ALL FORD NATIONALS in Carlisle? last time I was there it was in 2002 and did not see any in restrored or project codition. Planning to attend this year

hcsstang

Last year two were in the car corall. one was sold for 30. If you want some information about the Carlisle show get in touch with broadwayblue. For the last two year he has been the leader in setting up a GTCS display. I haven,t missed the show for the last ten years with my car.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I have seen GT/Cs in person but never at show. Have never seen an HCS though...looking forward to attend this year. Hopefully it will not rain!!

teamlo

4 or 5 years ago there was one sitting out in the "For Sale" corral. Car was painted red as I recall, though I think it was originally another color. Very well documented car but it needed everything. 289 2V, C4 as I remember. They were asking silly money for it and weren't too willing to negotiate. It was pouring down rain that year on the day I saw it, so didn't crawl over it that well, but I think I took some pics of it. It was pretty original in terms of parts.

Terry

BroadwayBlue

Last year two were in the car corall. one was sold for 30. If you want some information about the Carlisle show get in touch with broadwayblue. For the last two year he has been the leader in setting up a GTCS display. I haven,t missed the show for the last ten years with my car.

Tom,
There was also that vendor the last 2 years that had a CS for sale too. Different cars each year.

We had about 16 cars two years ago, about 8 68's and 8 late models.
Last year we only had 2 68's (not counting Tom and Joel's in Building D) and probably about 8 late models. Don't remember the exact numbers.

I'll be posting a thread in the next few days, as in the past, to get an idea of attendance. Hopefully we'll have enough to have our own classes again.

Here are pictures from Carlisle 2008
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/GTCS-C...and-HCS-Cars-at/5136136_9DVfa#310427648_BcMDf

And here are pictures from Carlisle 2009
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/GTCS-C...ars-at-Carlisle/8819756_gPMFy#584141746_fWW2c