• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

07/08 Performance upgrades

joedls

Anyone doing or have done any performance upgrades to your 07/08 GT/CS? Engine, suspension, drivetrain? If so, what did you do? Are you satisfied with the results? Any future plans?

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

I just spoke to the shop that is doing some upgrades to my car. The guy baselined the car on the dyno today. He said it pulled 374 RWHP! I'm hoping for 425 when he's done.

J.Bart

the 400 hp super charger from ford racing (whipple) is supose to be 450 /460 hp. it is still going through epa approval, hopfully this month they will have everything done
the handling pack is somewhere in wyoming stuck in snow with the rest of the parts i'm putting on mine
i'm setting mine up the same as a shelby gt, + the 400 hp super charger
i'm also getting the drag pack but most of that will have to stay in the box till the warrenty is up

GTCS07

So far I've done a Steeda full intake with their tune in a SCT tuner, also their Tri-ax shifter and upper strut mounts. Pypes polished stainless steel shorty headers, Magnaflow high flow catted X-pipe, FRPP/ Borla axle back mufflers(49-state), Saleen springs, struts, shocks and front sway bar. Everything else underneath is from BMR. I'm building a solid foundation for the 500hp whipple I plan on adding. I still need a one piece driveshaft, better clutch, brakes, gears, etc., before I add it. It never ends.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

the 400 hp super charger from ford racing (whipple) is supose to be 450 /460 hp. it is still going through epa approval, hopfully this month they will have everything done
the handling pack is somewhere in wyoming stuck in snow with the rest of the parts i'm putting on mine
i'm setting mine up the same as a shelby gt, + the 400 hp super charger
i'm also getting the drag pack but most of that will have to stay in the box till the warrenty is up

Keep us updated on your progress and how you like your upgrades. Sounds like you plan on having a pretty mean car!!!

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

So far I've done a Steeda full intake with their tune in a SCT tuner, also their Tri-ax shifter and upper strut mounts. Pypes polished stainless steel shorty headers, Magnaflow high flow catted X-pipe, FRPP/ Borla axle back mufflers(49-state), Saleen springs, struts, shocks and front sway bar. Everything else underneath is from BMR. I'm building a solid foundation for the 500hp whipple I plan on adding. I still need a one piece driveshaft, better clutch, brakes, gears, etc., before I add it. It never ends.

Which BMR pieces have you installed? Do you like what you've done so far? I'm installing just about all BMR suspension parts, everything except the shocks and struts. They are Tokico-D Spec.

GTCS07

Same here, I haven't installed anything yet, waiting for it to warm up, looks like everything is high quality. BMR's website has some good info on it to tide me over until I can start wrenching again.:icon_ecst

RedGTvert

I just spoke to the shop that is doing some upgrades to my car. The guy baselined the car on the dyno today. He said it pulled 374 RWHP! I'm hoping for 425 when he's done.

I would hope they see 425. 374 is a bit low from what I have seen with the 3V.

Why did you choose the Roush over all the others offered?

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

I purchased the car with the supercharger already on it. 374 RWHP equals about 440 flywheel HP if you assume a reduction of 15% for the drivetrain. Given that this car supposedly had the same tune as the Rousch 427, I was happy. Why does this seem low to you?

RedGTvert

I purchased the car with the supercharger already on it. 374 RWHP equals about 440 flywheel HP if you assume a reduction of 15% for the drivetrain. Given that this car supposedly had the same tune as the Rousch 427, I was happy. Why does this seem low to you?

Yes, power seems to be low. I am not that familiar with the Roush blower, but when I see the KB's pushing 425rwhp without much effort, having 374 would be something I would wonder about. I realize that Roush is running a very fat tune, so I am sure there is more in there and still be conservative enough to be safe.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Yes, power seems to be low. I am not that familiar with the Roush blower, but when I see the KB's pushing 425rwhp without much effort, having 374 would be something I would wonder about. I realize that Roush is running a very fat tune, so I am sure there is more in there and still be conservative enough to be safe.

That explains it. You're comparing my Rousch blower with a KB. No comparison. The KB is a better blower. In order to make 425 RWHP, I have to make more boost. With the current pulley, it only makes 5 lbs of boost.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Finally was able to get it back on the dyno today. With a CAI, a dyno-tune, and a one-piece aluminum driveshaft, it made 412 HP and 404 lbs-ft of torque to the rear wheels. What a kick in the ass!!! :grin:

I'll post more later on my suspension upgrades once I've driven it more and can evaluate the difference it's made.

GTCS07

5 inches of snow here today, I'm still in storage. At least I can get my gearhead fix here. Sounds like a good safe power range for a stock bottom end.

koronen

I was planning on putting a Roush or Vortech on mine when I get it, along with the drag pack and handling pack, and magnaflow exhaust.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Finally was able to get it back on the dyno today. With a CAI, a dyno-tune, and a one-piece aluminum driveshaft, it made 412 HP and 404 lbs-ft of torque to the rear wheels. What a kick in the ass!!! :grin:

A couple of pics:

Attachments

• CAI.JPG
    CAI.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Alumin driveshaft.JPG
    Alumin driveshaft.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 30

GTCS07

What companies driveshaft did you use? Ford should have installed one from the factory.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

I'll post more later on my suspension upgrades once I've driven it more and can evaluate the difference it's made.

Wow!!! The car handles like a dream. The progressive springs are great, they make it so the ride is not too harsh during normal driving. I still have to get some stickier tires, but here's the new stance.

Attachments

• Lowered.JPG
    Lowered.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Lowered-2.JPG
    Lowered-2.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 31