• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

07/08 Performance upgrades

J.Bart

no, on the fr handling pack front sway bar there are three holes for adjustment. soft city driving, mid for performance/street, and full race. the holes are in the end flat piece

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

no, on the fr handling pack front sway bar there are three holes for adjustment. soft city driving, mid for performance/street, and full race. the holes are in the end flat piece

No, the items that are adjustable in my suspension are the struts/shocks, the lower control arm mounting points, the upper control arm, and the panhard bar.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

A larger MAF housing, a little more tuning, and here are the results. Probably all I want to push the stock bottom end.

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 24

GTCS07

That's a nice safe amount but I think you would be ok up to around 460.:thumb:

P

PNewitt

Glad to See you are Enjoying my Previous Ride!

We haven't forgotten you, KC (BTW, KC knows every Ford part known to man, and can smell the new part numbers before they arrive in the parts book updates!)

Paul N.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

A little more boost, a little more tuning, and I got a little more peak HP, more torque, but significant increases throughout the powerband. I think my next mod is a line-lock, so I can do a nice burn-out and then maybe I'll go try it out at the dragstrip.:grin:

Attachments

• dyno 2.JPG
    dyno 2.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 18

GTCS07

Do you think you've maxed out your tuning now or do you feel there is still more left? Are you still running the stock pully? Regardless, I could live with those numbers. It looks like it pulls hard in the lower rpm's right on up, just where I would want it.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Do you think you've maxed out your tuning now or do you feel there is still more left? Are you still running the stock pully? Regardless, I could live with those numbers. It looks like it pulls hard in the lower rpm's right on up, just where I would want it.

Stock pulley only puts out about 5 lbs of boost. I have a 10% overdrive crank pulley and a 2.57" pulley on the blower to make 9.5 lbs of boost. I could probably get a little more out of it with some headers and O/R exhaust, and/or maybe water/methanol injection, but again the stock bottom end can't take much more power.

Aussie67

Upgrades

I have fitted BBK CAI and Throttle body, Magna Flow axle back exhaust, and Hypertech tune to this point.

I am not going to go down the blower path at this point, but these mods certainly free up the engine.

I ahven't had the car on a dyno, but I would mestimate around 40 horsepower, but wow, it is like a different engine altogether. I don't know how to describe it but it feels like the engine can now breathe and be itself.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

I have fitted BBK CAI and Throttle body, Magna Flow axle back exhaust, and Hypertech tune to this point.

I am not going to go down the blower path at this point, but these mods certainly free up the engine.

I ahven't had the car on a dyno, but I would mestimate around 40 horsepower, but wow, it is like a different engine altogether. I don't know how to describe it but it feels like the engine can now breathe and be itself.

How do you like your Hypertech tuner? Planning any more mods?

Aussie67

Hypertech

I really liked the Hypertech for what I was doing. I liked the fact their tunes are set up for specific CAI's. I do believe there are large differences between the different CAI's and therefore the tunes should allow for this.

Seems to have worked well for me. As I said above, I don't know how to describe it, but the engine just feels right now. :wink:

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Just had 4.10 rear gears installed today. Now I have to break them in so I can see how I do at the track.

Anyone need a set of 3.55 gears? Mine have 11K miles on them and I'll give any member here a good deal on them.

GTCS07

4:10s are my next mod also. How much did the whole deal run you? I'm thinking around $600. with FRPP gears and install. My Ford dealer quoted $1,600 but they can forget that.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

It ran me about $680 for the FRPP gear-set, pinion shim kit, pinion nut, crush sleeve, install, lube & friction modifier.

JOEGTS

I just had 4.10's installed last weekend. I still haven' gotten on the car to see how it will pull with them. I paid $225 for the install and $150 for the gears. Gears in my opinion are one of the best mods in any year Mustang. I almost went with 3.73's because that seems to be what everybody goes with in the auto's. Cruising on the hwy at 75mph the rpm's are 2750.