• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. 1967 mustang bullett

green56

I haVE A CHANCE TO BUY A 1967 MUSTANG BULLETT can not find anything on the car it has the 390 engine stick shift green in color it suppose to have 33000 miles that is all i know until i see it in a couple of weeks is their a nother name it goes under and some price list

Midnight Special

I haVE A CHANCE TO BUY A 1967 MUSTANG BULLETT can not find anything on the car it has the 390 engine stick shift green in color it suppose to have 33000 miles that is all i know until i see it in a couple of weeks is their a nother name it goes under and some price list

...Confused... There is no (official) 1967 or '68 "Bullet" Mustang. I'm assuming it's a 390 fastback, 4-spd that a seller is calling "Bullet".
Look it over carefully and question everything including 33K miles. Take photos and discuss it with your friends B4UBuy...

franklinair

The 'Bullet' car from the movie was a '68. If you're looking at a '67, it's a clone/tribute car. Check the VIN for engine type, door tag for transmissin & rear gear ratio. On big blocks, look real close at the shock towers- the HP & torque tend to make them crack. As for the rest of the car, usual Mustang weak link inspection: frame, floorpans, cowls, etc. Happy Hunting!

Neil

robert campbell

Tim and Neil are right on as usual. There are some rumors that one or more of the original cars from the movie are stored. there were two cars to my knowledge. One a small block and one a big block.

Anyway, be careful and feed us some pictures or stats. Kinda funny as this movie is why I own Mustang's today. Had to have one just like Steve's!!! My first Mustang was a 1967 Fastback. Close enough for me at the time!!

Rob

OP
OP
G

green56

Bullitt

Thanks everone for there imput and article info wrote down everything that i should look at. Any other info would help

franklinair

I like the look of the Bullet replicas. There was a BEAUTY at Seattle last summer. I think the owner was a friend of Gary's (limelyt). He would have a wealth of info.

Neil

limelyt

We just finished an exact repilca of the car used in the Bullitt movie. The only thing we did not do is the camera mounts. Let me know if there is any questions you need answered

Gary (LIMELYT)

Attachments

• bullitt 002 web.jpg
    bullitt 002 web.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 57
  • bullitt 003 web.jpg
    bullitt 003 web.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 52
  • bullitt 004 web.jpg
    bullitt 004 web.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 55

limelyt

here is the poster tat we use at car shows. It has all the thing you need to see on a Bullitt car

Gary(LIMELYT)

Attachments

• POSTER web.jpg
    POSTER web.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 65

robert campbell

here is the poster tat we use at car shows. It has all the thing you need to see on a Bullitt car

Gary(LIMELYT)

Gary,
Wow, I had never known all of the minor differences. Especially the painted stuff, the blackout stuff, and the removal of trim! How cool!! Wonder why the blank off of the GT valance exhaust cutouts?

You would think that someone who became a Mustang owner due to this movie would know more about the car. Thanks!!

Arlie, thanks for the links. How informative!

Rob

limelyt

Rob

I think the blocked off the GT notches in the valance because they used straight pipes to give the car a meaner look. And since they shot a lot of footage from the rear it only made sense to show a complete valance with the holes (a cleaner look) Just my story.

Gary

Ruppstang

Tom another way to check the big block orignality is to see if the inner metal structure of the shock tower is welded vertacaly where the flange turns inward toward the engine. Ford did this only on S,X and R codes. Good luck Marty

OP
OP
G

green56

ullitt

Thanks everyone. Gary info very helpful,and the info from this club is outstanding you could not get this info from books it is all in the han ds of the owners of mustangs. The owner said that it had 33000 miles on car he said he had a mustang repair shop they look the car over and look at the brakes he said that t6hey looked like the ORG brakes is their any way to tell if that is the true mileage . he is the 3 owner he said that when he bought the car from the 2nd person the person said he never ask the org owner if was the org so he put 133000 on title so what i am asking is there any way of telling it is org? THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP WILL KEEP YOU WHAT IS GOING ON THANKS TOM WISCONSIN

ponyboy

Wow Gary your Bullitt tribute is Beautiful! I picked up a 1968 Fastback and am gonna make it a Bullitt clone myself, but not exact like yours (way to much work for my small block automatic car) Can you send me more Pics and info on the car. I love the auto kraft mirror and antenna relocation. Thats the Best replica i've ever seen! Wow simply AMAZING! Thanks Richie

limelyt

If you go the ABmustang.com and go to 'The Mustanger' (starting at Oct. 2009) the car build is featured. All of the building details will be cover there. if there is something you need that is not there let me know.

Thanks for the nice comments. We think it is the most detailed Bullitt form the web sites and cars we have seen

Gary (LIMELYT)

dalorzo_f

Saddest part of the chase scene is in reality the Charger ran rings around the Mustang with less modification... Hooray for Hollywood! :smile: Love my Stangs, but given the pick of the two in the chase scene... I'd take the R/T 440... and I own two S codes! :eek:

http://www.hottr6.com/triumph/BULLITT.html

"I'll tell you this," said Max Balchowsky, "I was really impressed with the Mustang after I got done with it. I didn't think it'd make that much difference beefing it up. Later, we took both cars out and went playing around with them over by Griffith Park (near Los Angeles). The Dodge, which was practically stock, just left the Mustang like you wouldn't believe." Ron Riner has similar recollections. "The Charger ran rings around the Mustang. We trimmed the tires down (on the Charger), we practically made them down to bicycle tires to try and handicap Hickman, and Bill just run them."

Midnight Special

...That was a great read! 'Made me go look it up on youtube again (with the last sips of a.m. coffee;-) Darn near made me dig out an S-code to drive to work today, but they're forcasting rain.... ;-(