• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

390 4spd

oil67

I have a cs 390 4spd, it has been sitttiing in storage for 30 years, engine is seized, interior is good no rips just needs carpet, body just needs left front fender, drivers door skin and maybe hood or could be fixed thinking of selling anyone tell me what it's worth. thanks

P

PNewitt

Welcome!

There were just over 100 of the 390/4 speed GT/CS cars made. My guess is that about 40-50 are still around.

The collector car magazines have listed a value of about $25k (in VG condition), although (as a fluke) a GT/CS sold at Barrett-Jackson a month or two ago for $59K.

I'm sure you'll get a more than a few inquiries. One member here is very enthusiastic about big block GT/CS cars!

Good Luck! And again, welcome to our group!

Paul Newitt

390cs68rcode

I would say from your limited description you would be lucky to get 20k for it.

It would need from your description:

body repair
repaint
sheetmetal
complete engine/transmission rebuild

How complete is the car? Engine? CS specific parts?

I would guess there is more rust considering what you stated above. I would bet all exterior chrome would be to be replaced to match the new paint job.

total restoration.

With all that I have said above I bet you would get your high teens to 20k on Ebay. These ARE rare cars with big blocks. I would suggest a BUNCH of photos and THROUGH description and let it fly on Ebay. Make sure to let us know, I am sure a few around here would bid.

390cs68rcode

PNewitt said:
Welcome!

The collector car magazines have listed a value of about $25k (in VG condition), although (as a fluke) a GT/CS sold at Barrett-Jackson a month or two ago for $59K.

Paul Newitt

59k? link anyone?

Midnight Special

oil67 said:
I have a cs 390 4spd, it has been sitttiing in storage for 30 years, engine is seized, interior is good no rips just needs carpet, body just needs left front fender, drivers door skin and maybe hood or could be fixed thinking of selling anyone tell me what it's worth. thanks

...Indeed - please get us some pictures here if you can...

Welcome to the site!

TheBlkPearl

Where are you? I just heard of a black 390 4sp car in Northern Idaho - it is the one that I saw as a youngster and inspired me to buy my current GT/CS. Could it be the same car?

05stangkc

This Was My 390 4 Speed Car Circa 1981! Wish I still had it! I would think with the new GT/CS Out it would Stimulate Interest and Value in the 68's! It will Take a little Time though! BTMO!

kc

TheBlkPearl

rvrtrash said:
Where at up here?
Steve

Steve, I should have said North Central Idaho - I heard that a black 390 and a green 289 are in the Orofino area (in a field) but I have not been able to confirm that.

rvrtrash

TheBlkPearl said:
Steve, I should have said North Central Idaho - I heard that a black 390 and a green 289 are in the Orofino area (in a field) but I have not been able to confirm that.

Let me know when you find out. That's only about 3 hours from here and I'd be willing to help you drag them out. I'd even be willing to take the 390 car home so you wouldn't have to stress out about what to do with it.:grin: :grin: :grin: Just trying to help you out buddy!

Steve

TheBlkPearl

rvrtrash said:
Let me know when you find out. That's only about 3 hours from here and I'd be willing to help you drag them out. I'd even be willing to take the 390 car home so you wouldn't have to stress out about what to do with it.:grin: :grin: :grin: Just trying to help you out buddy!

Steve

Thanks Steve - I appreciate your genuine concern...hee..hee.. - maybe it is a 428!!!!!
As with most of us - I am strapped with what I have but there is always room for something Special!!!!