• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

40th at Knott's?

Diesel Donna

I maybe missing something but in many car shows aren't the cars staged by make/model and year? That way the best of both worlds come together the new and the old.

Yep. And at Knott's the anniversary cars are separated from the herd.

davidathans

when is the event? i would love to actually make it out there so i can finally meet everyone...that is if i get my damn steering fixed haha...should be fixed in the next two weeks...so when is it?

Diesel Donna

when is the event? i would love to actually make it out there so i can finally meet everyone...that is if i get my damn steering fixed haha...should be fixed in the next two weeks...so when is it?

Oh David you have until next April!! Usually the third weekend....

robert campbell

I have always wanted to see this show!!! So many cool Fords!! I agree with Donna. This is the the 40th. Keep the 68's together, but allow a place for the new ones next to them! Ford would love this arrangement!! I want to go!!!

Rob

carezcs

I will be there because I will be on parking duty at 6:00 AM for MOCC club like I was this year. The only thing good about this job is that I don't have to sit in that LINE to get in.
Bruce

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

I will be there because I will be on parking duty at 6:00 AM for MOCC club like I was this year. The only thing good about this job is that I don't have to sit in that LINE to get in.
Bruce

Plus you get to weat that cool orange CalTrans vest. :grin:

limelyt

there are some of us that are a little further north that others and would really like to come down for the show.

Is April the only month available as even some of the northern States might still have snow then. Is the option for a central meeting place been out voted? It would be nice and I think more might show up if it was in June.

Gary

CALIF GIRL

limelyt, hows this?

there are some of us that are a little further north that others and would really like to come down for the show.

Is April the only month available as even some of the northern States might still have snow then. Is the option for a central meeting place been out voted? It would be nice and I think more might show up if it was in June.

Gary

For those not able to make it to the West Coast or want to do both.

I've contacted Carlisle about doing something at the Ford Carlisle weekend in June.
I think usually they get 5-6 CS and HCS cars. Even if it's the opportunity to park together would be good.

No response yet but will try again.

limelyt

we usally get 7-9 calspecs at the international Mustang meeting between CANADA and the U.S. we were thinking of come down to maybe join up with something in the area of 50-60 calspec. Now that would be a sight

Diesel Donna

Gary

Gary there is no way around the date..the show has been put on by Knott's Berry Farm for many many years and is always in April. It's not a show that just us California Special people are putting on like the Grass Valley BBQ. It is an all Ford show, not just Mustangs.
Sorry about that.

Donna

somethingspecial

Gary, Think Mid August in Northern Ca. for the August BBQ. Stay tuned for a date. We usually give a date in August around March or April. It would be nice to have your folks here. Mike and Robinette.

limelyt

I think all three of the calspecs in the club would like to make the trip and see all the rest of the cars, we will just have to see how the weather is in April. Keep us posted on exact date and time so we can plan ahead.

Thanks for the replies
Gary

koronen

Depending on when in April it is, I might be able to make it, and bring a brand new, out of the factory '08 to the show. Please post more details when they are available. I'll be going on leave from Korea during that time, and will be picking up my car then.

carezcs

Doesn't look like they are thinking about have a 40th tribute for our cars based on what I see on the poster. Does anybody have any info on our cars?
Bruce