• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

40th at Knott's?

joedls

OK. April will be here before we know it. I'd be willing to look into a party at my homeowner association clubhouse or maybe at a local Fuddruckers where we have a weekly cruise, if there is some interest in a meet & greet on the Saturday before the show. I'm in Lake Forest, which is about 1/2 hour south of Knott's.

Any interest? Or if someone else wants to jump in with a better plan, let me know.

John McGilvary

OK. April will be here before we know it. I'd be willing to look into a party at my homeowner association clubhouse or maybe at a local Fuddruckers where we have a weekly cruise, if there is some interest in a meet & greet on the Saturday before the show. I'm in Lake Forest, which is about 1/2 hour south of Knott's.

Any interest? Or if someone else wants to jump in with a better plan, let me know.

That sounds great, Joe.

If things go as planned I will be there with my CS and my friend LeRoy, the salesman that sold me my CS, back in the day.

John

johnsgottwo

If it happens' I'm there!

Man I hope this comes together (the GT/CS part). I'm in for the show at Knott's and the Lake Forest meet and greet as well.

Maybe someone in the group can become the "official" coordinator and manage a sign up and car count?

I'm waxin' my car already!

John

joedls

Man I hope this comes together (the GT/CS part). I'm in for the show at Knott's and the Lake Forest meet and greet as well.

Maybe someone in the group can become the "official" coordinator and manage a sign up and car count?

I'm waxin' my car already!

John

I've volunteered for the meet & greet on Saturday, but so far haven't seen much interest.

Diesel Donna

I'm in Joe...just been very busy..bought a house...moving, etc. Call me and keep me posted as I don't get on the site much lately.
Thanks!

HappyHour

Im on the paddock...I might be out of the country but since I went to UCI and my cuz lives near the Spectrum I would love to roar back through Irvine.

Do you live near the "Real Wives of the OC"? Okay just kidding... :tongue:

Robert

DLedin

Would love to make it and meet other owners from the area. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Unfortunately I have a Hawaii trip scheduled right in that time period.

Perhaps if something happens at Galpin that's not in the same week...
-DLedin

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

2008 Knott's

I got my show flyer today.
I guess that the Ford Council did not feel that we deserve a milestone birthday recognition. :sad:

This year they are celebrating the 60th anniversary of the F-series, 40th anniversary of Torino, and the 100th anniversary of the Model T.

Show date is April 20th, 10am to 3pm.

Gates open for parking show cars at 7am.

www.fordcarclubs.org

case12

OK - I just sent in my reservation!!! I booked my flights and hotels for the Galpin and Knotts event. Decided not to drive the 2000 miles each way in my GT/CS :embarass: . BUT, I did reserve a Shelby Hertz - so I will be in FORD Mustang style while in CA! I am bringing my 16 year old daughter and we are going to spend some extra days in the LA / Hollywood area to take in the sights and sounds. She has never been to CA and thinks of it as the Promised Land.:grin: I am soooo looking forward to meeting many of you!!!! Casey

Last edited:

clubpro

Casey,

I am looking forward to meeting you and your daughter. It will be here before we know it.

Cheers!

Ron