• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Anyone want to buy a set of '68 GT/CS/Shelby tail light housings to help PaulN out???

obwan93001

Hi all,

I thought I had posted this before but after looking realized I hadn't. I have up on ebay a nice set of original tail light housings and bezels for the '68 GT/CS or Shelby cars, OK, and the '65 Thunderbird, can't forget where they actually came from.

It is just for the original plastic/composite housings, no wiring or anything else, and a nice pair of original bezels. They are still very shiny and have very minimal pitting, please check out the pics on auction page. The original lenses are included but they are cracked. I bought these last summer for the original Ford lenses and was going to keep the rest as spare parts but the seller didn't package them very well and mailed via Parcel Post so they got banged around a bit and the lenses were cracked in transit. I filed a claim with the USPS and it was denied because they were improperly packaged. So I decided to just put them up on ebay as-is as I can really use the money right now but after reading PaulN's post re possibly selling his GT/CS I'd be more than glad to donate what I make on these to him to help him out a little bit. Yes, you read right, I will give PaulN whatever I make on this auction! (Minus those darn ebay and Paypal fees however.) I know some of you will hold me to it :wink: so to quote Tom Petty, "I won't back down!".

This is the link to the auction's page:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190195052654&rd=1

If it doesn't work, the item # is: 190195052654 and you can perform a search with that.

The auction ends in a day and a half (on Feb-06-08 @ 10:39:57 AM PST) and there is one bid of $99.99 on them now. I apologize about the short notice :embarass:. If anyone here is interested please bid on them, oh yea, and bid often too :wink:. I will make sure they are packaged very securely so they transport well and remember, it's for a good cause, our guy Paul Newitt! I know it ain't much but I'm sure anything we can give him will help no matter how big or small it is, it all adds up in the end.

Thanks!

Oscar
obwan93001

OP
OP
obwan93001

obwan93001

Thanks stang68cs, you're the high bidder so far!

After reading about what Paul was contemplating I felt compelled with the need to help out a fellow CS family member, and an important one at that. I know it's not very much and I wish I could help out with alot more but if enough of us here help out with a little bit it will add up in the end and he won't need to sell his beloved GT/CS.

Best of luck and thanks again for bidding!

Oscar
obwan93001

OP
OP
obwan93001

obwan93001

Thanks stang68cs!

OK, so stang68cs was the winning bidder on my auction for the tail light housings and bezels listed above. I've figured out the net amount that I want to donate to Paul in order to help him out even if it's just a little bit. The amount after ebay and Paypal fees and shipping is $93.25, almost the price of one book I guess.

I'm not looking for any kudos or anything like that and would rather this just stay behind the scenes but since I had posted this thread I at least wanted to close it out with the results in case anyone was wondering.

I'll PM you Paul for directions on how to proceed with getting the above amount to you in addition to my payment in full for one book.

Thanks again for your winning bid and prompt payment stang68cs!

Oscar
obwan93001