• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Back from Cali/ Ordered my first mod

koronen

Well, got back from cali, and am getting moved into my lovely (with the fullest sarcasm) barracks room....

This car is awesome, well worth the wait...I kinda need to slow down on the mileage though lol, owned it less than a month and it already has 3600 miles on it (got ya beat Amy lol)

Bought my first mod today, should get here in a few weeks, since I got it prepainted =) http://www.silverhorseracing.com/webstore/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16141&category_id=255

Cant wait to install and post some pics =)

Robby

aemoo28

So when you install them, may I come down for a look? I'm still deciding between these flush mounted silverhorse (like yours) or autofx 6 slat louvers (bolted on, not taped). Price installed is $520 either way. Window is altered either way.

BTW the supercharger won't fit with the plenum engine cover. I'm still investigating this idea as well. You done that yet?

And I'm trying to keep my miles low. It's so hard not to drive it, as you know!

OP
OP
K

koronen

I had thought about a supercharger...if I get one the engine cover will have to come off...I was also planning on either the cervinis concept hood or the heat extractor hood. If I go with a vortech SC it should work since it is a centrifugal charger, not a screw/ roots style.

OP
OP
K

koronen

And sure, you can come look =) I am planning on doing the install myself, bought all the accessories to do it with.

digiddy

Keep your engine cover by putting a turbo instead. I've been tinking of that route. Downfall of a turbo is thottle delay. I really like my chrome pony. digiddy[ Ralph]

Aussie67

Classy

Nice choice for first mod. I just ordered these for my GT500 as well, I think they are the classiest louvre on the market.

First mod is just the beginning, now you will be hooked. :wink:

GTCS07

I think they are the nicest louvers also and pre-painted is definitely the way to go. I went with functional tape-on ones in case I wanted to change to upper scoops or put it back to stock it would be easier.