• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 build sheet

dalorzo_f

If you are lucky. San Jose was very good at removing them. The can also be under the carpet, under the dash taped to the wiring, under the rear seat, or wherever the worked stashed it...

AFAIK there was no common place they were "supposed" to be put as they were to be removed as they were considered an assembly line use item not, a document to be kept with the car.

If anyone has a late C code one I'd be very interested in a scan. Marti was supposed to do repros but don't think they have gotten around to it, but you can buy a blank and am considering typing one up for fun...

68sunlitgold

I have not found one in either of my San Jose cars, coupe or GT/CS.

Doug

J_Speegle

Out of the hundreds I have from other plans I only have a handful (copies from others and ones I've found) from San Jose. Since that plant used them differently than NJ or Dearborn there is little luck you will find one. At the other plants a copy of the build sheet was attached to subassembles to identify them once they reached the line but at San Jose they marked the parts differently. A copy was attached to the front and rear of the body but these most often ended up in a 55 gallon drum/trash can

Never found them under seat cushions, taped to door panels, or wire looms, all places other plants up them.

I've found them shoved in doors (most of the time they get wet there and leave only crumbs :(, under front carpet where some worker threw them rather than placing them in the trash or shoved behind the rear quarter trim panels.

Would love to see copies if anyone has found them in the places mentioned above. The buildsheet will still have the wear, marks and folds if they were stored there.

DeadStang

Out of the hundreds I have from other plans I only have a handful (copies from others and ones I've found) from San Jose. Since that plant used them differently than NJ or Dearborn there is little luck you will find one. At the other plants a copy of the build sheet was attached to subassembles to identify them once they reached the line but at San Jose they marked the parts differently. A copy was attached to the front and rear of the body but these most often ended up in a 55 gallon drum/trash can

Never found them under seat cushions, taped to door panels, or wire looms, all places other plants up them.

I've found them shoved in doors (most of the time they get wet there and leave only crumbs :(, under front carpet where some worker threw them rather than placing them in the trash or shoved behind the rear quarter trim panels.

Would love to see copies if anyone has found them in the places mentioned above. The buildsheet will still have the wear, marks and folds if they were stored there.

Not my CS, but my S-code Mach had the sheet in the springs under the driver's seat.

whodat

I pulled my whole interior apart and never found one. Although the seats were recovered at one time. But as much original paperwork that I have with this car it's not in it.

Jester

Dalorzo, I have buildsheet for my mid July C code. (171445) Have a look in my garage and you find photos if you can use. /Jesper

GTCSMustang

My 428 Cobra Jet High Country Special had a build sheet under the front seat retained by the springs.

Scott