• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Common Mustang Issues

Mosesatm

This is a problem I've never heard of!
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2676854026.html

Craigslist Ad said:
"This is a great 68 black Mustang coupe with a vinly top, 74K miles on it, with a hint of a modern look to it. Definitely a one of a kind. It has no running issues. It can be a daily driver or if you want to let dust collect on it, that's cool too. But, it is definitely a head turner and fun to drive! It has been mainted well and has had several things replaced, but still has a few things that need to be fixed on it: 2 bubbled areas of paint, clock and fog lights work interminetly and rear right window slides down when radio is played loud. Overall, this car is really fantastic and pictures don't do it justice.

aemoo28

I can see how that would happen if the track wasn't functional as in it doesn't properly hold the window in place.
As an example, mine did that on my '68 CS. The window would not stay up in place. It would slide down whenever it felt like it. Uncle Rob fixed the track, or rather put in back into the track.
These old cars and their evil ways of playing with us... Like the other day when I went to open up my driver's door and the whole keyhole lock thing came out attached to the key. YES my car was laughing at me, I swear, it was...

But like Neil says, don't mess with TEXAS. Right Arlie?

rvrtrash

It's an OSHA requirement that the interior of the car be "vented" if the SPL (sound pressure level) reaches a certain point to prevent the occupants from experiencing heart arrhythmia, which could lead to blackouts and a car accident. The law came about after several accidents involving teen agers playing "In-A-Godda-Divida" at high volume. :tongue: (just kidding)

Steve

quicknick

It's an OSHA requirement that the interior of the car be "vented" if the SPL (sound pressure level) reaches a certain point to prevent the occupants from experiencing heart arrhythmia, which could lead to blackouts and a car accident. The law came about after several accidents involving teen agers playing "In-A-Godda-Divida" at high volume. :tongue: (just kidding)

Steve
I still have my Iron Butterfly 8 track. I'm going to crank it full blast in the Cali and see what happens! LOL