• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS Vanity Plates...What do you have/want?

hookedtrout

Idaho has finally went to online registration in my area so you don't have to go the DMV to register. While online taking care of one of my other vehicles I noticed you could buy plates for $12. They are souvenir sample plates, Idaho has a ton of different special plates ranging from wildlife with elk, fish, bighorns to children plates and a lot of other options which appear to be available in the souvenir sample plates that you can purchase.

It appears they are the regular plates they are just for collecting and are not legal on the car. My thought was get a few in some type of GT/CS personalized and then place them on the car for shows etc. Looks like that way you could get what ever you wanted on the plate even if it was already taken by someone else somewhere else in the state as long as you put the legal plates back on before you zoomed off into the sunset after the show. Anyone see any problems with putting these souvenir sample plates on the car for a show?

"Update" the more I look the more it appears that the Souvenir plates are preprinted with one thing related to the plate, can't tell for sure but that's what it looks like.

http://tinyurl.com/2ummrf

rvrtrash

It looks like you have to request what you want on the plate, and they'll only give it to you if it isn't taken by someone else, even for the souvenir plates.

Steve

J.Bart

i got my plates in the mail today
i'm going to look real silly if the supercharger never shows up
do the plates look ok or would something else worked better?

Attachments

• S7300517.jpg
    S7300517.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 15

hookedtrout

If that's the case - why not just go to one of these other plate sites that will make whatever you want?

http://www.licenseplates.tv/index.php

GTCS is available in Idaho by the way.

I have Idaho Plates with GTCS on them, I had that plate on my CS at one time and saved the plates after I put it in storage and let the registration expire. So I can put those on for show if I want. As for the link to the other plate site, it looks like they just do old original Idaho plates, you could get a 1968 plate with what ever you want on it but it's $70 vs the $12 from the DMV and the DMV has all the fancy plates. Hot Rod, Classic, Elk, Fish, Fireman, what ever fun stuff you might be into.

hookedtrout

It looks like you have to request what you want on the plate, and they'll only give it to you if it isn't taken by someone else, even for the souvenir plates.

Steve

So if you request GTCS for a souvenir plate does that take it away from the public if they want it for an actual car plate? That would suck.

J.Bart

i think if you don't keep the plates registered they are up for grabs.
when i talked to the special plates dept they told me what was available.
hookedtrout, are you coming to "chrome in the dome"?

hookedtrout

i think if you don't keep the plates registered they are up for grabs.
when i talked to the special plates dept they told me what was available.
hookedtrout, are you coming to "chrome in the dome"?

Not sure, is it in the mini dome? When is it? If I do I doubt I'll bring the CS, it's being held captive right now. While plowing the driveway for the umpteenth time this winter early one morning I backed into the garage door opening, missed the door and just hit the support for the door, broke the frame and shifted the north wall about 4 inches, the beam or what every you call it for the door frame broke and the door track was attached to that so it twisted the crap out of it and the door won't open.

It's going to have to warm up and a whole pile of snow about 10 feet deep from pushing it up is going to have to melt, then the ground dry out enough I can get something on the lawn, then I'm going to have to take all the vinyl siding off and push the wall back over where it belongs (with the plow how ironic) and rebuild the door frame, fun and games in the Idaho winters. My CS isn't car show worthy anyway but it might be fun to come down and see your CS, it's a perfect match to my 68, I'd love to have one just like yours in the other garage bay. Maybe someday, I'm working on being debt free right now and when I make it, a few years away, the 68 will get a rebirth and I'll be on the hunt for a Vista Blue modern CS.

Cory

GTCSMustang

Here ya go.

With Casey's license plate frames...which are FANTASTIC.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC00555.JPG
    DSC00555.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00556.JPG
    DSC00556.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 13