• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

DRAG RACING GT/CS's

Trent GT/CS

Is there any body besides me that are drag racing their cars. I've been asking people for years if they have ever seen another CS drag car, But never heard of one so i'll ask the main people ( you guys ) . I would like to claim the title of worlds quickest GT/CS. Just for all the fame and glory that gose with the title. My car has a stroked 460 w/ a 460 heads N/A runs low 9's right now hoping for high 8's in NOV. it's a 521 with a 2 speed trans, if you know of any please let me know. Thank You Trent

Mustanglvr

Check out member profile davidathans, he`s our current star drag racer.

davidathans

nah...nothing nearly as fast...mine is easily streetable 12 seconds...8 seconds with a powerglide is a race car. I would love to see some pictures of the motor or your car in general, im a big fan GTCSs and of Horsepower, your makin lots of...there are pictures of another GTCS faster than my car in this link

http://www.californiaspecial.com/photogallery/albums.php?set_albumListPage=12

it is page 12 of the gallery link...
this guy Brad Henry Calstang68@aol.com had a 383 stroker with big cam and big aluminum heads and large manifold, big carb, nitrous and i have a video of his car running 9s....but if your running 8s thats awesome...post a timeslip

di81977

I built mine to race at Bandimere Raceway in Denver, CO. It is a HCS with a 351W stroked to 393. Not been to the dyno yet, but expecting that it is putting out about 450HP and 500LBS of torque at the flywheel.

Still working on the set up, but I expect it to easily run in the 13's at our high altitude. Next year, I will probably add nitrous.

Mustang coupes are great for drag racing. Mine hits the scales at 2900 pounds. My fiberglass '64 Corvette weighs 3200 pounds.

david

Attachments

• Drag Racing June 10.jpg
    Drag Racing June 10.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 23

Diesel Donna

Oh my gosh:::::::::::fanning self::::::::::::::this might be more than I can take.

coloradoHCS

di81977, let me know when you are planning Bandimere, I would like to see your car run. I thought of taking my HCS out during this summers club clash but with a stock 289 and 4 speed I doubt I can get any kind of consistant runs going. I also have a 65 Vette convert that I may run on test and tune next summer.
Mark

P

PNewitt

Diesel Donna said:
Oh my gosh:::::::::::fanning self::::::::::::::this might be more than I can take.

Donna,

you can be the green flag girl, then go lay down in your own ambulance from all the excitement!

"nudge-nudge...wink, wink"

LOL!!

Paul N. :p

Diesel Donna

Then I get to be the checkered flag girl too right? Do I get to kiss the winner?
Do I get to have champagne? oh boy oh boy oh boy!

TheBlkPearl

Trent,

You have a wicked fast car - twice as fast as my GT/CS 302, c4 automatic with 271 gears. Very high 15's and 90mph is best I can do with my current setup. It's a driver though and a fun one.
Drive fast............

Randy

68gt390

BroadwayBlue said:
Let's call PINKS! and ask them to have a GT/CS show!

I'd be up for that one if we could get a central meet location or track. We've got National Trails here in Columbus. They do a few NHRA events here each year. Besides, would like to see just what my 428 CJ would do. Haven't had it to the dyno yet. Hope to do that in a few more weeks. We hope to get into the 500 hp arena.

Don :grin:

Mosesatm

How many revs can a drivable 428 run up to before it either runs out of steam or just gets too scary?

BroadwayBlue

68gt390 said:
I'd be up for that one if we could get a central meet location or track. We've got National Trails here in Columbus. They do a few NHRA events here each year. Besides, would like to see just what my 428 CJ would do. Haven't had it to the dyno yet. Hope to do that in a few more weeks. We hope to get into the 500 hp arena.

BUT ...
We don't really exchange "Pinks" just our diecast versions :cool:
Can't lose our CS or HCS for real.

gt bandit

Rpm

Mosesatm said:
How many revs can a drivable 428 run up to before it either runs out of steam or just gets too scary?

Arlie ,

I have taken mine to 6000 , but then the REV limiter kicks in an backs off my ignition to allow the butterflies in my stomach to stop swirling like a bloody hurricane.

An 8 sec CS ----------------------- Mate you have one hell of a Pony there. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Lets see them Pics ,

390cs68rcode

68gt390 said:

500hp at the tires is a huge number for a CJ motor.