• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Export brace

Doug

1. Is an original export brace the same for all engine sizes?
2. Also is it one piece or 2 separate pieces.

Thanks - Doug

GTCSMustang

All cars except for Shelbys had the 2-piece brace from the factory. Even 428 cars.

Scott

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

That is what I was told - the car that I just got has an 1 piece. I just traded it for a 2 piece one. Thanks Doug

P

PNewitt

The reason it's called an "Export Brace" is because it was originally made for the "T-5"; the German Export Mustang. German Transportation Dept. requirements stated that the suspensions for the T-5 must meet certain specs, so, it had to be extra strong under the hood (presumably for the Autobahn).

So, Shelby saw the part, and added it to the Shelby Mustangs.

And, yes, it is one piece. If you put it on, save your original two pieces, just in case you decide to go concours some day.

Paul.