• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN Forums just underwent a minor software upgrade. Photo uploads now working again.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
As some of you noticed, the photo uploads stopped working recently. It turns out that a server upgrade wasn't totally compatible with the forum software. So I've updated the forum software tonight, which seems to have fixed the issue.

However, even with a minor forum upgrade like this one is, there are bound to be little differences from the previous version. If anyone notices something that's not quite the way it used to be please let me know.

Thanks!

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Oh, you may notice that a few recent photo uploads still don't show up. Many were fixed with the upgrade, but some got corrupted and I can't recover them.

If you posted a photo in the last week or so please double check it. If it doesn't show you can edit your post and re-upload the photo. That should correct the problem.

Sorry for the hassle and delay getting this fixed. Things always go wrong when you're out of town!

stangfan

Had to log-in

When I accessed the site this evening, I saw that the forums had been upgraded. I also saw that I was no longer logged in, and had to do so to access anything. Did this happen as a result of the upgrade?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, you may have to log in again the first time you visit after the upgrade. But you should only need to do it once.

Ruppstang

Hey Jon thanks for all that you do for us. I am very grateful and wonder if there is any need for funding for the site? If so do not be afraid to ask for some help, I for one would be glad to pitch in a little help.
Marty

68sunlitgold

Jon,
I am with Marty, if there is any need for help ($) please don't hesitate to ask. I think everyone here benefits greatly from all your work in keeping this site operating!

Doug

BroadwayBlue

Happy to assist financially or if you need help administratively I'm available for that too! As always Jon, thanks for keeping the site up and running, it's appreciated by all of us!

I noticed that a lot of postings were marked as read that I hadn't seen. I also haven't been on the site since September so maybe the software gave up on me. Recent posts were unread though.
Not sure if it's a result of the upgrade or not.

In any case, thanks again!

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the offers. The banner ads and eBay links to your left pretty much pay for hosting so the month to month expenses are covered.

I have been looking at upgrading to a better web host though since the site does overload the current machine occasionally. When that happens there may be an upcharge, but I'll see how it goes.