• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Gas Mileage: Who's CS drinks fuel the quickest/slowest?

davidathans

so i filled up my tank at 2.99 at gallon for CA 91 octane fuel on March 2nd and it lasted until April 13th when i filled back up at 3.37 a gallon at the same gas station. The tank lasted me over a month because i drive my car once a week tops...as far as miles per gallon goes....drum roll please....

off of 13.5 gallons i went 86 miles :) that is roughly 6.4 miles per gallon haha i guess i have alot of fun when i drive my car

so that is my lowest number, my best mpg was around 8.6 when i went 125 miles on 14.5 gallons

lets hear from some of you now

Perkchiro

David, I haven't even checked my gas mileage. I can't bear the pain of knowing. That's pretty sad huh?

p51

Best I've gotten was ~21MPG. That was on the highway (with a 5-speed transmission, 302 engine, 3.00 backend). At about 65MPH in 5th its at about 2000rpm. Short trips town driving really whacks the mileage to down around 15MPG or so....:mad:

Vay

6.4-8.6 miles per gallon!! Guess its a good thing you only drive it once in a while.

I'm getting close to 19mpg in my '07...lotta rural driving for me.

joedls

I get 7-8 normally. I did a test on the highway for about 125 miles and got 13.5 by keeping my foot out of it. Don't know that I'll be doing that again. :grin:

rvrtrash

Oh man, you guys are going to hate me! My 302 is stock except for a kind of radical comp. cams camshaft and KB 9.5-1 pistons, Edelbrock intake, Holley carb, Tri-Y headers, C4 with shift kit, 3.00 peg leg rear and I get 16.6 mpg in mixed highway/city driving.

Steve

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

The fuel gauge has`nt worked since I bought my car 3 years ago. I`ve only ran out of gas once! lol It goes 200 miles per tank I guess.

robert campbell

My 68 302 gets no more that 13 or 14 on the h-way. About 10 in town. C4 and 3:00's. My 67 with 48 IDA Webers is a soild 6 or 7. Toploader and 4:11's. Don't matter if I am crusin or playin. But again as we all know "There is more to life than gas mileage"!!!!! Displayed on my front license plate frame!!!

dpheyes

Thanks!

Hey all,

I just wanted to thank all of you guys.

Every year, every resident of Alaska gets a dividend check based on the amount of oil we sell you suckers in the the "Lower 48". This year it should be around $1300 each! I have six kids and a wife, so that means my family gets over $10 grand! Woohoo! That should pay for my resto! :icon_lol:

Doug in The Great Land

SD CASPCL

I use regular gas @$2.67 a gallon (Conoco - a tier 1 gasoline). The 4.6 L V8, w/ 5p, stock rear end. I checked my on board computer and it's registering 23.4 mpg average. I drive 15 miles into town on I-90 @ 75mph (speed limit), and then around town running errands.

On the trip from Texas, on back roads, she averaged about the same for the 1200 miles, on a new engine. The regular gas here is 100% gas, no ethenol.

68gt390

I managed to burn an entire tank this weekend 122 miles. 428CJ, 4 speed and 3:50 posi that's about 7.62 miles per gallon. That even included a stint on the freeway with a late model Firebird that thought he had something for me.

Don

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

I managed to burn an entire tank this weekend 122 miles. 428CJ, 4 speed and 3:50 posi that's about 7.62 miles per gallon. That even included a stint on the freeway with a late model Firebird that thought he had something for me.

Don

good information, cant be too mad getting 122 miles to the tank...how many gallons did you fill back up with? you figured your mpg with 16 gallons...the lowest i've gone was when i filled up one time with 15.2 gallons

68gt390

There suppose to be 16. You can get a little more if you really squeeze it pretty tight. I always manage to spill some though. You'd think by now I could get it right.
I managed to get just a little over 16 gallons in her.

Don