• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS's for sale...by the bunches

RacingFan

:eek: I am sure the rest of you have been tracking this, but it just occured to me this morning that there are an awful lot of California Specials currently for sale! Ebay is showing 5 "authentic" (To Be Determined, of course! ;D ) and 2 clones. Traderonline is showing a total of 5 for sale, at least 3 of them appear to be different ones than the ones on Ebay. Wow, at least 8 changing hands the same month! Maybe now is the time for a new fan to pick one up reasonably, although I have seen some pretty high prices! What do you all think?

68gt390

There are a ton of them for sale. A few of them are suspect. They have one on ebay that first time around it was at over $15,000 and reserve had not been met. Hey, the higher the 2V cars sell for just makes mine look even better. I'll keep watching and see what happens.

Don ;D

Sarge

I just noticed that there is one of Paul's original GT/CS recognition guides on sale at eBay (link at left), for those who don't have one. This book has a ton of useful stuff, and is a "must have" if you own a GT/CS... Current price is $61, and has 2+ days left on auction.
Robert

WelshMustang

Wow!

I really appreciate that offer. If it is ok , If I win the auction I will get the seller to post to you then I can sort out payment for you to post it over.

Cheers
David

hookedtrout

Anyone seen this Special? :eek: Looks all wrong to me, wrong lights, wrong stripes, wrong hood pins in the wrong location, rear fiberglass fits pretty bad, looks to have the wrong year of seat covers as well and it has one bid in the $9000 area.

http://tinyurl.com/2mq6l

Hook

hookedtrout

Here's another one completely rebuilt by a "Ford Tech" This one (The GT/CS) has been alive for 63 years? Looks like it got a little jump start on the rest of our Specials. Has the wrong lights by a long shot, no hood pins and is sitting at $9000. This Ford Tech needed to do a bit more research prior to restoration. It says it's rust free however.

http://tinyurl.com/2vfys

Hook