• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

help a newbie

crosspistols

hi everybody...just found the site and thought i'd come on in and check it out. i'm scootin around in a 2006 Roush Stage 1 these days. I had the 2000 Stage 1 but couldn't pass up the new body style. i only have one headache with it and was looking for some assistance... the Roush front fascia comes with 2 lower fog lights (they sit about 3 inches off the road) in addition to the stock GT lights in the grill. Now, as sharp as they look, the stock lights actually work better in the fog - here's my headache...i've owned the car for a mere 7 months and have already had to replace both of the lower fog lights due to those pesky rocks popping up off the hwy and busting them!

does anyone know of any covers that are made to go over them??? i like them and all but can find way better things to shell $70 out on every 3-4 months!!! If i can't find a cover for them, i'll probably just remove them. HELP!!!

CJ 56

Hi There from New Zealand, out here we have a product called SKINS, think it is a 3M product( not sure) that is a flexable mouldable membrain about 5-6mm thick. It is self adhesvive on one side. You just cut it to shape and stick them on. I use them on my Lucus lights as getting glasses for those in New Zealand would be expensive. If you can not find such a product in the USA let me know and I will track down the source in NZ then follow it back to Manufacturer.

Chris - NZ

BroadwayBlue

Welcome to the site!

I recall the 3M product from when I had a VW New Beetle.

Just go to Google and to a search for "3M Headlight Protector"
Plenty of info will come up.