• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Newbie Help on CS Purchase

Sarge

Rich,
I had the same problem, but solved it by going to a smaller steering wheel. It looks good, doesn't look too out of place, and was a fairly cheap fix. And, of course, I still have the original, so I can bring it back to original when I need to!
Just another option.........
Robert

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the feedback. I had thought of that also.
Could you let me know the type of wheel you installed?
I'd love to take a look at it.

Thanks! :)

Sarge

Rich,
I will have to look it up in my catalogue... I will try to get a pic posted as well. Weekend is coming up, it's sunny, and time to start doing some cruzin'!!! ;D
Robert

Sarge

Rich,
Here is a pic of my 13" steering wheel. It doesn't look too out of place, and I can always go back to the original (if I want to squeeze in and out of the C/S). I purchased it from Mustangs Plus in Stockton, CA (wanted to check out their store) but I am sure it is available at most classic Mustang stores. A word of caution... do not buy it "on-line" as I had to open three boxes before I found one which didn't have "splinter holes" on the backside of the wheel.
Good Luck :)
Robert

Attachments

• steering_wheel.jpg
    steering_wheel.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 17

case12

I believe that is a Grant steering wheel. Large after market steering wheel brand for mustangs and many vehicles. You can probably get on on eBay too. Casey

Sarge

Give that man a star! It is a Grant, I had forgotten the make until you said it...
Robert

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I'm going for it! ;D

I'm picking up the GT/CS on Friday if all goes well.
Already have the tilt column on the way and hope to be rolling soon!!!

Thanks to all on this site for your assistance, patience and sharing of knowledge.
I can only hope that some day I can pass along what I've learned to others in search of info on these great cars!

I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions as I get working on things.
I'll do my best to search the forums first before buggin' everyone ;)

I noticed a few other Newbies looking for help and tips and the info in those threads has also been helpful.
You guys and gals are the greatest!!!

Thanks again - I'll keep you posted on how things turn out!

Rich

case12

Great news! You wont regret it. I have had so much fun with mine, and it always get the looks when I drive by. This is a great forum of people who enjoy helping each other and sharing. Please post pictures when you get it! Casey

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

8)

It's official! I'm a proud owner of a California Special!!
Picked it up on Friday.

Planning on doing brakes and shocks and installing a flaming river tilt wheel over the next few weeks.
Can't wait to get it off of jack stands and out on the road!!

I know I'm going to have a number of questions but I'll put them in a new thread ... this is getting a bit long ;)

Thanks everyone!

Here are some pics of the new pony in the corral.

Rich

Attachments

• DSC06438.JPG
    DSC06438.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

My 2 1/2 year old has already claimed stake to it!

Thanks again everyone. Hope to meet some of you in person someday!

Attachments

• Copy_of_DSC06440.JPG
    Copy_of_DSC06440.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 22

hookedtrout

Way to go Rich, won't be long and we will have all those GREEN with envy non blue owners outvoted with Beautiful BLUE GT/CS's.

Nice car, cute kid, looks like everything's going your way.

Hook

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Thanks Hook!!

It started it's life Green but it's staying Blue for now!

She is a cutie! She's a car nut already too. She wants a Mini Cooper though ... have to work on that part ::)

hookedtrout

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1624;start=60#msg11423 date=1118263711]
She wants a Mini Cooper though ... have to work on that part

sounds kinda familiar.............I had to buy my wife a Mini after I bought my 390 CS.
[/quote]

Heck I'd like a mini cooper too so there's nothing wrong with that. I currently drive a 90 something Festiva with 245,000 miles on it back and forth to work every day. Gets 43 mpg so I drive it every day and the new stuff sits in the garage until needed along with the GT/CS. I have one of those pee on guys in the back window and he's peeing on the words "Gas Prices". Keeps the miles down on the new vehicles, saves a ton on gas and I've learned to love the little Festiva, I gave it a flame job one weekend with farm and tractor paint...turned out awesome for a mask off in the garage and paint it under $20.

Hook

case12

Rich, This is a stunning car! If Sunlit Gold weren't already the perfect color, your blue is definitely a color I would choose. :)

How did it go on getting any paperwork on the car? Casey

Mosesatm

[quote author=BroadwayBlue link=board=1;threadid=1624;start=60#msg11419 date=1118260700]

[/quote]

Aaaarrrgh!!!

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1624;start=75#msg11446 date=1118368602]
[quote author=BroadwayBlue link=board=1;threadid=1624;start=60#msg11419 date=1118260700]

[/quote]

Aaaarrrgh!!!
[/quote]

Sorry Arlie 8)

When it come time for a new paint job I might change my mind. :-\

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1624;start=75#msg11428 date=1118266952]
Rich, This is a stunning car! If Sunlit Gold weren't already the perfect color, your blue is definitely a color I would choose. :)

How did it go on getting any paperwork on the car? Casey
[/quote]

Thanks Casey I appreciate that! I kind of like it too.

I'm working on getting all the paperwork that I can from the original owner. He is in Pennsylvania right now so hopefully the next time my friend sees his Dad he'll have it.
R