• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Newbie Needs help with Lucas Lights

peant3587

I recently purchased a cal special that has been in front and side accidents and found that it has the lucas lights and square pedastals. These are the same ones on the shelbys and on a acapulco blue cal special currently on Ebay. Where the small square pedastals ever right on these cars? and if not, anyone have some of the correct ones for sell?
second question, I am having electrical problems with the lucas lights on the car. One of the housings is missing a little porcelen type spacer that goes on under the outside chrome frame that holds the actual bulb housing in. it takes one under each screw for a total of two per light. I think that this is causing a short. Does anyone have one of these if i need one? any help on these matters is much apprecaited.

68gt390

The square chrome stands were never correct for the GT/CS or HCS. You can obtain the correct mounting pedestals from Mr. Bob Teets, AKA hicountrybob here on our website. Just click the below link to send him a private msg.

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/member.php?u=118

For any internal pieces or parts of either the Lucas or Marchal lights contact Pete Geisler at Orlando Mustang. He has a pretty extensive collection of both lights.

http://orlandomustang.com/restoration.html

Hope this helps.

Don :cool:

miller511

I know that the chrome square bases on the Lucas lights are not officially correct (although my CS has them).
As I understand it, that since for at least pre-April 15? build date cars, the Lucas lights were a dealer change-out. And not a factory change (until after April 15?)
I suspect the dealer used the chrome square base (Shelby) parts if they didn't have the correct pedestals in stock during the recall to replace the Marchals.

-Jeff

franklinair

I got a set of the pedestals from Highcountrybob, and they are perfecto!!
I have a drawing of the pedestal installation, and if you have a FAX, I'll send it to you. It is on page 118 of the 1996 GT/CS Registry book by Paul Newitt.
Neil Hoppe (franklinair)

hicountrybob

I recently purchased a cal special that has been in front and side accidents and found that it has the lucas lights and square pedastals. These are the same ones on the shelbys and on a acapulco blue cal special currently on Ebay. Where the small square pedastals ever right on these cars? and if not, anyone have some of the correct ones for sell?
second question, I am having electrical problems with the lucas lights on the car. One of the housings is missing a little porcelen type spacer that goes on under the outside chrome frame that holds the actual bulb housing in. it takes one under each screw for a total of two per light. I think that this is causing a short. Does anyone have one of these if i need one? any help on these matters is much apprecaited.

I just got your email to me and have responded to your needs. Thank you, Hicountry Bob Teets here.

jetboyracing

Does anyone know how to get a hold hicountrybob. i would like some of these cool pedastals too?

hicountrybob

Does anyone know how to get a hold hicountrybob. i would like some of these cool pedastals too?

Jet Boy, (Thursday evening 10:00 P.M. here in Denver now), I'm leaving for Grass Valley in 7 hours, back on Monday or so. Post back to me then as I won't have access to a computer 'til I get home. Thanks, highcountry Bob here.

P

PNewitt

Those of you with those "little square chrome bases" by Lucas can dangle them over the heads of '68 Shelby owners for a pretty penny.

So, don't toss them. They're bits of gold for those Shelby guys...

Maybe worth enough to buy a set of those tubes and bolt assemblies from Bob?

Paul N.

BroadwayBlue

Those of you with those "little square chrome bases" by Lucas can dangle them over the heads of '68 Shelby owners for a pretty penny.

So, don't toss them. They're bits of gold for those Shelby guys...

Maybe worth enough to buy a set of those tubes and bolt assemblies from Bob?

Paul N.

I have 2 burning a hole in my pocket :smile:
Took them off my new CS and got a set of pedastals from Bob instead.

franklinair

My C/S has the square base Lucas lights, mounted directly to the lower grille panel (no pedestals). I got a set of pedestals from High Country Bob (nicely made). Is the square base removeable from the light assembly? Or do you put the pedestal directly to the square base? I'd like to know before I start any disassembly.
Neil Hoppe

Mosesatm

The square pedestals should not be used. They should be saved to use on the lights on your future '68 Shelby.

Perkchiro

I have a set of those chrome Lucas bases in my parts bin. I didn't even give it a thought when I threw them in there. I had no clue they were worth anything. It pays to read these threads!!

jetboyracing

Hey, thanks for the help guys. Will definitely get me some of those custom made ones from Bob when he gets back.