• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Highland Green progress

68 special

That is GORGEOUS, Neil

Damn, I wish I had that kind of talent, whimper, whimper.......

Keep it up Neil

Hey Neil, If your interested, I have a spare Deluxe wheel, but needs some resto work, couple cracks. Yours for the price of shipping, or anyone else who might want it.

Bret

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I'll sure take it, and add it to my inventory. I'm prepping a Deluxe wheel now for my Black/Gold CS.

Neil

68 special

Neil, I'll scrounge up a box and get it out to you.

I don't have room for much inventory, plus we'll probably be moving this spring also.

Bret

CaliStang68

I've had the CS out for a couple local runs. Everything is working well...

Neil,

How far out do the exhaust tips stick out on your car? I'm doing mine tomm and not sure what I should go with. I have the Shelby rolled exhaust tips looks like you do too.

Thanks
Rick

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Here's a photo of an exhaust tip as on my CS: Looks like 1 1/2" protrusion from the lip of the valance cutout edge.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 39

CaliStang68

Thanks Neil! Would you go with that length again or shorter, longer?

Thank you very much.
Rick

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Got the new Black seat belts back this week from Python. BEAUTIFUL. I've got the placement & hardware (bolts,washers, spacers) figured out- thanks to Richard's (dalorzo) previous seat belt post.
The shoulder harness seems a bit of a problem. The bolts are a smaller size than the lap belt bolts, and when I try to tighten them, they really bind up about halfway in. I'm leery about putting too much torque on them. Maybe I should use a tap as a thread chaser? Anyone else experienced this?

Neil

robert campbell

Dad,
Me two! I would also compare the bolt threads to the tap you chase them with. I would not suspect a metric bolt, but stranger things have happened. As you know many cars in the 90's were a mixture of metric and standard. I run into lots of aftermarket parts and fasteners that are metric these days. Drives me nuts sometimes!

Rob

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Installed my new dash plaque today...

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

A friend made some for me. If I get any more I'll let you know.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 010 (2).jpg
    010 (2).jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 44

CaliStang68

Ditto, on the dash plaque! That would look good with a black interior as well. Like mine! :) let me know too, if possible.

whodat

Neil what kind of machine does he use for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk