• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Hood Pins Yet Again

stangfan

Having reassembled the hood pins so that the spring is between the twist lock and washer, I noticed that the hood sheet metal was being pulled down considerably around the lock. I have readjusted the retainers following the GT/CS book, but then found that the twist locks sat quite high from the hood, showing the spring underneath. I've taken the retainers down a bit a time to try to minimize the gap but am starting to get that dimpling effect again with the sheet metal.

How tight should the twist part of the lock sit up from the washer? Should you be able to see the spring?

Thank you. :grin:

OP
OP
stangfan

stangfan

Thanks.

When I bought the car, the springs were hanging on the lock post BELOW the hood. As a result, the twist locks were tight to the washer above the hood, and I have become accustomed to that look.