• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Hood Stripes for Wimbleton White-Red or Black?

Midnight Special

Bob and Neil,
If I had a dollar for everytime I needed to be forgiven - I could pay cash for "PFslim's" car AND build a barn for it free & clear!

You guys will always be the best :)

73pony

I really like the black hood stripes with the red side stripes. All red stripes just don't look right.

Midnight Special

Saw this as I was trying to get ideas. If they can put it on a Shelby.... Doesn't look bad to me. Still thinking
quote]

Well? What's it going to be Robb?

Attachments

• rd.jpg
    rd.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 49
  • blk.jpg
    blk.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 44

Mustanglvr

How about someone start a poll? I vote for red hood stripes to go with the red side stripes. The GT wheels with the red in the middle would look good too.

hookedtrout

Saw this as I was trying to get ideas. If they can put it on a Shelby.... Doesn't look bad to me. Still thinking
quote]

Well? What's it going to be Robb?

Putting it in pictures really surprises me, I never thought I would like the red on the hood but seeing the red on the hood, side and matching up with the red interior I like it.

Cory

P

PNewitt

I've missed out on the fun here...exasperations and all....LOL!

My vote is for the black hood stripes, because the red hood stripes (sorry) makes it look like a circus wagon! When you go out of the "norm" of non-stock with any kind of paint, your car immediately screams: "custom". For a GT/CS, it's already a custom Mustang.

I think that the white Mach with red stripes that Jon found on EBAY is the best example of the color combo.

There is something to be said for originality at this time of these cars' lives. In the 1970's you could pull this stuff off (along with spring shackles, big tires in the rear, and gross exhaust tips), but not now. We all are representing a historical vehicle now, and although I promote "do what you like", there is something to be said for homage to original designs of older cars.

What would you think if you saw a 1955 T-Bird in metal gold metalflake and 22" chrome wheels?

Just my two bits.

Paul.
(Neil and Bob outta line? NEVER!!)

:)

Midnight Special

Putting it in pictures really surprises me, I never thought I would like the red on the hood but seeing the red on the hood, side and matching up with the red interior I like it.

Cory

...Right you are Cory. Both combos can grow on you and compliment the car well. I can see now where it would be a tough decision.

'Haven't heard from Robb here in a few days - 'Hope he's not sorry he posed the question. 'Just goes to illustrate we're all passionate about these things, but no matter who thinks what - it's ultimately his decision. Either combo would be great!

:)