• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lack of CSs at car shows

hcsstang

With the price of gas my shows are coming to a hault. I had reservations for my daughter in law but she can't make so I called to cancell her resiversations while talking I asked the price of gas and it's over 3.00 .

CalPaul

just got 91 oct. at Costco for $2.99. We'll see how long that lasts. Funny how a storm about 1,500 miles away causes the price of gas presently sitting in an underground storage tank to go up in price. Oh wait, and Chevron is banking about $1B in cash per/mo. Hmmmmm...

Mustanger

[quote author=CalPaul link=board=1;threadid=2049;start=15#msg14077 date=1125523757]
just got 91 oct. at Costco for $2.99. We'll see how long that lasts. Funny how a storm about 1,500 miles away causes the price of gas presently sitting in an underground storage tank to go up in price. Oh wait, and Chevron is banking about $1B in cash per/mo. Hmmmmm...
[/quote]

... didja ever notice when the price of oil goes up, the price at the pump goes up almost immediately, and whenever the price of oil goes down, the price of gas at the pump takes a while to also go down :p... they say that we're buying gas which was purchased at a higher price so that's why there's a little bit of a lag ... funny how this reason doesn't apply with the first scenerio :p...

Mosesatm

...and don't forget how our current president and all his Enron buddies and Haliburton buddies made all their money.

68gt390

I went to work this morning and gas was at $2.55 for low grade unleaded. Filled up the CS tonight and I paid $3.37 for 94 octane. I'm not going to let it stop me from enjoying my car. Youngstown here I come. I will however now pick and choose which shows I attend. Before I was attending 3 to 4 shows every weekend. I'll drop that down to 2 per weekend. As for the big oil companies - they use any excuse they can to raise the price of gas. Let's hope they don't get a really bad hang nail or heaven forbid that the President of Exxon's wife gets a bad case of PMS.

Don ::)

BroadwayBlue

NY (NYC Suburbs) have almost all gone over $3.00 for regular and I've seen $3.29 or so for Super.
They went up about 50 cents in the last few days. I saw on the news last night and online this morning that in Georgia they had $5-6 per gallon prices. :eek:

Mosesatm

I heard that Georgia and some other Southern states get their fuel almost exclusively from the Gulf Coast refineries that are now shut down. Don't know if it's true but it might explain the $5.00 per gallon prices.

Mustanglvr

Gas here in southwestern Minnesota is $3.09 for super unleaded. It costs alot more in Minneapolis and other big cities. I hear that with gas and oil prices going up its going to be very expensive to heat our homes in the winter. You guys in the south are so fortunate to be where its warm year round. I heard that coffee prices are going to go way up. Thats all we need.
I plan on driving my car for as long as I have money to put in for gas up until winter hits. After that it`ll be parked until spring. I have a riceburner beater car I will drive all winter. The frontwheel drive helps alot when I`m pushing snowdrifts. :D Rhonda

Diesel Donna

I remember when I got my CS in 1974 and later that year I said that if gas ever got to 50 cents a gallon I was damn sure gonna park the car and walk. Jeez, I wonder where I would be by now. ;D

T Code Bob

Right now, I'm glad I have that ultra rare 6 cyclinder 3 speed instead of that ultra rare 390.

68gt390

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=2049;start=30#msg14110 date=1125624506]
wanna trade my 390 for your t code? ;)
[/quote]

Jason;
Did you fall and hit your head on something? Must be the Jo Dirt hair doo that's effecting your thought process.

Don ;D

twoclassics

I think instead of rebuilding the 390 I presently have out of the car I might as well install one of those big rechargeable batteries like maybe the hybrids. Do you get those at Napa