• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lack of CSs at car shows

njmop

Well, my CS will be at shows, but she is in need of a make-over once she arrives... Gas for 87... in NJ it was 2.63 yesterday, 2.83 this morning and over $3 by close of business. I thought $2.43 last Friday was high! I've even noticed lighter than normal traffic! I actually watched the attendants changing the prices on the signs during my lunch break (Exxon $2.99 to $3.13!! for 87).

390cs68rcode

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=2049;start=30#msg14120 date=1125627115]
[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=2049;start=30#msg14110 date=1125624506]
wanna trade my 390 for your t code? ;)
[/quote]

Jason;
Did you fall and hit your head on something? Must be the Jo Dirt hair doo that's effecting your thought process.

Don ;D
[/quote]

Someone told me I hit my head years ago......never been the same since and lovin' it! :p

68gt390

I can finally say I wasn't the only GT/CS or HCS at a show. We had 6 GT/CS's and 1 HCS at the Grand Nationals in Youngstown, OH this past weekend. A great showing for the East Coast cars. It was evident that each owner has put in a great amount of work, time and effort into their cars. They were all stunning to say the least.

Don ;D

BroadwayBlue

Any pics available to view?

Speaking of lack of CSs at car shows. I've been going to local cruises and I only have been the only CS but the only Mustang!!! How do you figure that out?

I went to a local cruise Saturday night, first time attending this cruise. I pulled in and you would've thought I pulled in with Little Red or the original Mustang prototype. I got mobbed as I got out of my car. 8-10 guys came over to checkout the car and ask all kinds of question.
One guy kept walking around the car, talking on his cell phone and taking pictures with his phone etc ... I said Hi to him and he says he's talking to his friend that has the same car in the same color. I said "local?" he said about an hour away. So where was he?
One of the guys that ran the show said "I always heard of these but never saw one in person!". He asked if I could come back next Saturday since he knows someone that would want to see it.

My car is nowhere near mint or show condition and people were falling over it. I was kind of taken back by the whole thing.
Someone told my brother-in-law that we should win a trophy because it was the nicest car there.
Sure enough I got a top 3 trophy for the night.
It was cool to get some recognition.

But the fact that I was the only Mustang there was disturbing. There was even a Pinto there!

Go figure! 8)

68gt390

I have emailed photo's of the cars that were at the Grand Nationals to Jon to post to the gallery under the show area. Would be a nightmare for me trying to downsize the photo's.

Don ;)

BroadwayBlue

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=2049;start=30#msg14213 date=1126016464]
I have emailed photo's of the cars that were at the Grand Nationals to Jon to post to the gallery under the show area. Would be a nightmare for me trying to downsize the photo's.

Don ;)
[/quote]

Cool!! Looking forward to them.

Rich