• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mistress Mustang Arrives In Texas!!

Redwingrobb

Alright, alright already!! I can barely get back in town without being hunted down :) Just drove almost 800 miles today and over 1500 in the last two days and am I beat. Went to Arizona yesterday, saw my mistress and had to have her. Ran to the bank and she's home where she belongs--my mistress and my wife in the same house, go figure. Ran like a champ and didn't burn any oil--yeah Don, driving it was better than towing. Did have one major headache that I had to overcome and I'll bring it up tomorrow and ask for help. But anyways, the owner was really nice and I got a 1988 Recognition Guide thrown in, plus shop manuals and other do-dads. An all-around good experience. I'm broke, but happy. Tomorrow I'll include some photos, but for now, I'm heading to bed, it's been a long two days... Night all!! PS, It does have the Marti Report verifying it's bona fides..Robb

rvrtrash

Looks like my car except for the vinyl top and stripe color. Congratulations.
Steve

nfrntau

Great car, chaulk another GT/CS up for Texas. Are two different plates legal in Arizona?
Robb, you can get original black 1968 Texas plates that really look cool for $75 from Johns Mustang here in Houston. I found mine on Ebay for about $40. I think it's a nice touch. Just remember you need a pair in good condition if you find them on ebay.

http://johnsmustang.com/Catalog/273/

Congrats on the new purchase

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

And TX will actually let you use the plates? That's pretty cool! I'll check into it. I was also looking to do personalized plates, but I like this better. Robb

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

Hey, thought I'd add a few things from last night. First, if you see the pix, you'll see that a few things have been added that are not correct. The prior owner added a black lower and upper console. I was thinking about changing the color later, but I kinda like the contrast with the red inside. On the front fenders somebody put the Mustang emblems next to the script--keeping that for now. The prior owner also add dual exhausts and changed the valance. I think I'll keep too. The car has been repainted and they did a good job with it. A very nice enamel. The edge of the rear decklid is showing a few paint cracks. The interior is a 9+. The engine was replaced 5 years ago with another 289. A little dirty, but she'll get a detail. Runs like a champ. She didn't burn any oil. Heard a slight clicking. Don't know if it's a valve or what..New radiator, front suspension, exhaust system, carb, and others. Pretty much turnkey.

390cs68rcode

yes, you can use 68 plates. I have them on all my cars. Here is the correct procedure for getting them:

1. buy perfect pair of originals
2. go to the DPS and have them look at them to make sure they are OK to use (I have never personally done this step). I think they are suppose to give you some kind of form.
3. Go to the tax office with the plates and register the plates, pay a few small fees. (I tell them my car is not a daily driver and they register it as an antique car).
4. install on car

Attachments

• P6290043.jpg
    P6290043.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 21

case12

Robb, Way to go! You are going to have so much fun working on the GT/CS and showing it. Is that a tilt steering wheel?

Also, if you could post a pic of the Marti report in your gallery? Thanks, Casey

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

case12 said:
Robb, Way to go! You are going to have so much fun working on the GT/CS and showing it. Is that a tilt steering wheel?

Also, if you could post a pic of the Marti report in your gallery? Thanks, Casey

My scanner is on the fritz, but I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll take a few photos and see what happens...Robb

PS, no tilt, but was surprised to see it had a good working clock (I'm fascinated with even the smallest items)

case12

Robb, I think a picture will work fine. Many on the gallery are digital photos and not scanned. What is the build date? Casey

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

case12 said:
Robb, I think a picture will work fine. Many on the gallery are digital photos and not scanned. What is the build date? Casey

Build date is 21 March, actually produced on 20 March.

gt bandit

Looks great , Rob -

In January I traveled to TX from OZ to raid a CS for myself.

So TX is also 1 CS down now.

It was originally a Wimbledon White, Red Interior J code -
Now its a black, red interior R code resto-mod.

will post gallery once the slow shipping service i selected actually deliver it down under.

happy dayz rob - you have great looking car!!:icon_lol:

Mustanglvr

Midnight Special said:
...My wife's favorite color... We did approx. 200 miles today in ours. Congratulations!!

With 6 inches of snow on the ground here in Minnesota, I thought about driving 200 miles today in my GT/CS.:grin:

hookedtrout

Mustanglvr said:
With 6 inches of snow on the ground here in Minnesota, I thought about driving 200 miles today in my GT/CS.:grin:

We're in the same situation here in Idaho Rhonda only it's more like 2 feet of snow rather than inches, we have been especially blessed with the white stuff this year and the last 4-5 days it's been a might bit cold dropping down to 15 below zero Saturday morning, this morning it's only 0 so far. Getting anxious to get the CS back out for a drive but it hasn't seen the light of day from under the car cover now for several months and it still has a few more to go I'm affraid. On the bright side I have a nice cross country ski trail through my 8 acres along the river and back to the house and it makes for a good workout to go down and watch the geese, ducks and swans, also jumped a whitetail buck the other day out of the trees.

Cory

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

Thanks folks for the kudos. I knew when I started chatting with you folks only a few weeks back that you were a special bunch of folks and passionate about your hobby. Feels really good to have "my girl" and to be involved. Oh, I added my Marti Report to the gallery. For you Aussies, I'm in the military and if I'm ever down that way, we're going out for a few pints of Foster's!! Robb

Mustanglvr

hookedtrout said:
We're in the same situation here in Idaho Rhonda only it's more like 2 feet of snow rather than inches, we have been especially blessed with the white stuff this year and the last 4-5 days it's been a might bit cold dropping down to 15 below zero Saturday morning, this morning it's only 0 so far. Getting anxious to get the CS back out for a drive but it hasn't seen the light of day from under the car cover now for several months and it still has a few more to go I'm affraid. On the bright side I have a nice cross country ski trail through my 8 acres along the river and back to the house and it makes for a good workout to go down and watch the geese, ducks and swans, also jumped a whitetail buck the other day out of the trees.

Cory

Wow Hook, thats sounds really nice. I live in town and we have deer run through here at times. My husband and I owned a 10 acre farm up till 2 years ago and we long for another acreage to stretch our legs at. I really miss the security and serenity of living on your own land and being out away far enough to where the weirdos won`t go. Just the other night at 2 am I caught somebody creeping around my car and then running through my backyard when I opened the front door. This is the second time in 4 months. I am in the process of selling everything I own (except my car) on Ebay to lighten our load for when we move west next fall. We don`t know where to go yet but maybe we`ll just blindly pick a spot on the map and go. That will be fun. It`ll most likely be Washington or Oregon. I can`t take the cold here anymore. If I want to see snow, I want to be able to drive an hour one way and be in the mountains and if I want to see the ocean, I want to be able to drive an hour the other way. Just rambling, I think I have cabin fever!