• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mistress Mustang Arrives In Texas!!

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

Mustanglvr said:
I`m so happy for you Rob. Congratulations!

Thanks! I've been tooling around in it all weekend. Just found a pair of 68 TX license plates and have been reconditioning them. Going to register it tomorrow and see if they'll take the plates.

BroadwayBlue

Congrats Robb!!
Enjoy driving it and showing it off!

Can't wait for Spring here in the Northeast
(although we've been hitting 60 pretty regularly this Winter - but don't want
to get all the salt on the car so haven't had it out other than to start it and pull
it out of the garage.)

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

Ordered a headlight switch today on Ebay. Couldn't find one in town. Don't have to worry about snow. Going up to 78 in the next few days..

390cs68rcode

I HIGHLY suggest you take some time to go over the car THROUGHLY and make a big list of things you want to replace/repair. If you do not have a mustangs parts house in town order a large batch at a time. If you use NPD they give free shipping on orders over $300. At the very least get one of their catalogs and study it.

BroadwayBlue

From experience I can say that Jason's advice is right on.

When I got my car the first thing we had planned was springs and brakes. I then made a list of everything I had wanted to do to it and ordered as much as I could from one place to save on shipping. The UPS and Fed Ex guys were getting to know my address by heart :grin:

I did compile a decent size order from NPD for free shipping. Sometimes it's not worth saving $5-10 on an item from a place that will charge you an additional $5-10 to ship it. So I did order 1 or 2 items from NPD that were a little more but with the free shipping was ahead of the game.

Also did that with places that charged for shipping. Many places charge you $7-10 minimum to ship 1 little part. Again, paying a few dollars more for 1 or 2 parts may actually save you in the long run.

Great catalog too from NPD. You can download it as well.
Good Luck!!

Diesel Donna

nfrntau said:
Great car, chaulk another GT/CS up for Texas. Are two different plates legal in Arizona?
Robb, you can get original black 1968 Texas plates that really look cool for $75 from Johns Mustang here in Houston. I found mine on Ebay for about $40. I think it's a nice touch. Just remember you need a pair in good condition if you find them on ebay.

http://johnsmustang.com/Catalog/273/

Congrats on the new purchase

Arizona only requires a rear plate. The front plate is a fake one..it says Bisbee which is a small town southeast of Tucson by the Mexico border.

Congratulations Robb!.....80 plus degrees here on the Colorado River!

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

Hey, we're hitting 78 tomorrow. I'm re-registering it in TX and found 1968 plates.